NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ok i know i have have said it before more then once so i wont say this is the last tank. this will be hopefully set-up at end of august or some time in sept, really taking my time for once, i recently aquired a 36x24x22 acrylic tank, stand canopy and sump, got to measure sump but i do believe it is 30x16x16, currently i am in process of sanding stand and canopy down and plan to refinish it, been slowly sanding and buffing scratch's out of tank, and really thinking of what i plan to do, here is my list of equipt, still really up in the air on lights
for return i will be using a gen x pc 40 that will drive return, chiller, cal reactor and phos reactor, as normal my return rate will only be 300-400 gph, gives skimmer more time to filter water, plan to use miricle mud in fuge and get 20-30 mangroves, ive had a few mangroves for yr's not enough to really effectively work, will also have some chaeto in fuge as well. flow will be 2 vortech mp20's. for lighting i really am looking at using 2 4 bulb icecap retro t5's for a total of 8 bulbs, the shimmer has never been a selling factor for me on mh, plus i like the choice of running several different colored bulbs. basically will be taking everything from my 60g cube and putting in this minus maybe a few fish, so it will be sps dominated. plan is to maybe break cube down and have someone hold my corals for a few weeks while new tank is moved in and set up and tweaked, knock on wood i havent ever lost anything in tank switch overs yet, { fingers crossed } but really preffer to have a little time for everything to settle, we will see though. will try to get pic's tommorrow, as this will be a journal in the build, and a ty to albano for helping me get this tank

Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
your's would be a sick freshwater river tank though, it will be some time in sept for me, taking longer on this cause it's either rush and not truelly be happy or take my time which isnt much to do extra. and build correct and simple, and take longer

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
yes i did mikey, and jerl i try to get some this weekend, not much to show for now a sanded stand and canopy. tank is buff about as good as i am going to do, small scratchs left wont be visible in water

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ok if all goe well tank will be set up next weekend. list of equip
tank 3x2x22" acrylic with external over flow
tek 8 bulb 36" t5
vertex in 180 gen 2
reef fanatic dual ato
return pump gen x pc 40 this will drive return through chiller, also feed my cal reactor { aquatic life nano } and my reactors
2 votech mp 20's
my plan for this tank is to be quite a few anenome's, i have 2 rbta's and a gbta now and plan to add 6-8 clowns might mix it up with 2 true's 2 mis bars and a pair of blacks, since all being in the same family i shouldnt have a problem, will add my blacks last since they will be larger then rest, one side of the tank will be the nem's { fingers crossed they stay put } and a few sps and alot of zoa's on other side, after seeing the anenome and clown tank at atlantis aquarium and this thread on rc was my inspiration

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1259398

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
9-3-09

ok here are some photo's, the new skimmer is a monster and seems to be very well built, definately going to have to get more rock

Attachments

• new tank 256.jpg
    new tank 256.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,043
  • new tank 257.jpg
    new tank 257.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 1,205
  • new tank 259.jpg
    new tank 259.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,037
  • new tank 263.jpg
    new tank 263.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,039
  • new tank 266.jpg
    new tank 266.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,042
  • new tank 260.jpg
    new tank 260.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,042

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
im hoping so, and ty. do want to thank those that have been a help in either getting equiptment or others, most of all ty to albano, without you i wouldnt have gotten the tank, ty johnny for skimmer and ato and pmoneyt for the cal reactor

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Rick u beak me but wait till u see mines. i will start a build thread tonight and put up a few pics. /since i now decided on the pumps i can move forward.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
9-4-09

ok tank is up and running, been running a diatom filter on and off since yesterday, rock work is very minimal as normal and very open, with plenty of flat area for frags { hint hint } skimmer is running wide open for a few days to break in, really wont be much to skim since rock is fully cured and sand as well

Attachments

• new tank 293.jpg
    new tank 293.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,008
  • new tank 300.jpg
    new tank 300.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 999

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: