Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2005, 02:48 AM
REEF ON!
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (33 (100%)
Friends: (58)
Send a Private Message
75 gallon up and running

hey guys still in the early stages of the aquarium. let me no what you think so far. pretty much i had purchased 20 lbs of live rock for this tank at the lfs.
its comming along but i still need alot of stuff. i need a bigger sump at least 20 gallon sump that i will custom make myself. i need a skimmer a GOOD ONE. i need a return pump which im getting soon. also need a overflow.

as of know its running with the cascade cannister filter 700 and its crystal clear. 20 lbs of live rock. 20lbs of live sand/20lbs of fake sand (lfs) theres alot more work to be done with this tank. but the good thing is i got time. im redoing the whole basement where this tank is. so the basement needs to get done 1st before i even attempt to do any plumping or any adjustments. i guess i can let it run the way it is for now. check it out pics below....

and keep in mind this is a work in progress.
going to try diy
skimmer in sump
hood and canopy (easy my father is a carpenter)
and i will keep posting to keep you guys all informed
Attached Thumbnails

200DD Upgrade

RIP Frank (FRY). You will be missed.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:52 AM
Reefer Ratings: (77 (100%)
Friends: (7)
Send a Private Message
whats your plans? is it gonna be a reef or fowlr?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:07 AM
Reefer Ratings: (14 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
i like the garbage bag behind the tank
Old 11-11-2005, 03:18 AM
Reefer Ratings: (27 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
It looks great. I'll pick it up on sunday before work LOL
Old 11-13-2005, 02:13 AM
REEF ON!
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (33 (100%)
Friends: (58)
Send a Private Message
this as of now is going to be a fowler tank. but will change into reef. i dont no if i should drill it cause im scared of cracking the tank. i did get it for free though. sweet deal i guess. currently i have a 29 gallon that is fowler but i just got my lights ther 195 watts pc and changing it over to reef. when i get the frags. already checked the calcium and its at 430 so i think im ready. no ammonia no nitrites and 5 ppm nitrates. anyone have any ideas for the 75 gallon let me no. i still need so much stuff. hopefully i win the lottery so i can afford all the things i need.

200DD Upgrade

RIP Frank (FRY). You will be missed.