Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Last edited:

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Very nice! It looks nice there and when it splits its going to look like an island of Fire! lol. HOT. I will come visit it one day..I see the green one thats on the back of the rock popped out aswell! :wink1:

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Very nice! It looks nice there and when it splits its going to look like an island of Fire! lol. HOT. I will come visit it one day..I see the green one thats on the back of the rock popped out aswell! :wink1:

The green one looks great too now....I was surprised but it colored up nicely......Thanks again....one of the nicest BTA's I have ever come across....:smile:

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Well its been a while and I would like to comment on a new lighting direction I took. After playing with some led lighting acan 101 & 102, a half a dozen 250mh bulbs. I choose a not so obvious direction. I always thought my 250's were good but didnt give the kind of "crisp" white punch that I was looking for. The led's were great but they too lacked the kind of punch I was looking for. Now I know lighting is very personal....so take what I am saying with a grain of salt. However, after screwing in my 400 watt radiums and overdriving them I have found exactly what I was looking for.....Now I know what all that talk about a crisp bright white with a ton of actinic pop was all about. For now I am thrilled. Lets see how they break in and if my corals like them....:splitspin

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
my 400 watt radiums and overdriving them I have found exactly what I was looking for.....Now I know what all that talk about a crisp bright white with a ton of actinic pop was all about. For now I am thrilled. Lets see how they break in and if my corals like them....:splitspin

what color temp are the radium's?
how are you overdriving them?
what are you using for the actinics?

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
20k's and using a galaxy turbo eballast which overdrives the radium. Vho actinic's

ahhh....we're in a similar boat.....20k xm's, ice caps ballasts and uvl super actinics vho's. you should look into led actinics also....really make the colors pop!!! 9x 4w powerbrites....penetrate 36"... all the way to the bottom.(9 units zipped tied to my light rack so i can adjust them individually to highlight different corals):biggrin:

Last edited:

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
ahhh....we're in a similar boat.....20k xm's, ice caps ballasts and uvl super actinics vho's. you should look into led actinics also....really make the colors pop!!! 9x 4w powerbrites....penetrate 36"... all the way to the bottom.(9 units zipped tied to my light rack so i can adjust them individually to highlight different corals):biggrin:

That sounds interesting..have to try the powerbrites....:splitspin...it never ends...:tongue1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: