ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
new 6 bulb ATI sun power

just got the 6 bulb Sunpower from ReefGeek.com .. and boy its a lot of light i cant even look at the fixture when its on. it kinda reminds me of a silver version of a Tek Light

Attachments

• DSC_0933.jpg
    DSC_0933.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 759
  • DSC_0935.jpg
    DSC_0935.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 761
  • DSC_0942.jpg
    DSC_0942.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 761
  • DSC_0937.jpg
    DSC_0937.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 759

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
ok got some work done

ok got some work done.
1. i built a pedestal out of spare wood so my my son wont be able to get to the water surface so easily..

2. I tried to install the light fixture from the ceiling but it just will not work.
this particular part of the ceiling just wont hold the fixture and i don't feel comfortable using anchor screws like some people suggested.
-i got the idea from the internet and used shelf brackets to mount the light fixture. i may change in the future if i find a better idea.

Last edited:

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
sick tank i saw it at ocean gallery sunday was thinking of getting that as a xmas gift for my girls hmmmmmm watching this thread for more pluses and minuses

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
hanging light

i looked into the zero edge light tree and its too much for me at thi spoint its would cost me $189+

i also looked into building one but i did not want to buy more stuff(already spent a good amount)My brother actually had that shelf bracket system in house so didn't have to spent anything on it

Ill change them later if I cannot stand looking at it any longer:eek:
What about using a light tree ? Or building one even ?

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
almost there

every thing is coming along nicely
only issues cons with this tank so far(not that big)
1. the supplied plumbing parts cant be used because of gurgling drain noises.
you will have to take a trip to the hardware store to get some pvc and hook up an external durso.
2. the pump size they recommend because of the water fall produces some humming even though i have an ehiem pump ...i will have to try a mouse pad to see if that can reduce noise. its not that much of a bother since i can only hear it when everything is off at night, but its nice to be perfect
3. the skimmer section of the sump is only about 7.5 inches wide. and no refugium

and for now thats it its still a great tank and nothing that cant be fixed

Last edited:

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
tank

here is a shot of the full setup as of now.

i found a way to make my ATI BM160 fit in the sump. i thought is was going to be overkill and not skim but its is doing nicely with just the dry rock

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 707
  • DSC_0999.jpg
    DSC_0999.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 711

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
not exactly. originally this tank was made to look down into and was really low. he was able to get a couple of fingers in right away.
i added some wood 2x4 to the bottom of the stand so the height is increased so he cant reach it for now.... worse thing now is maybe ill find a floating rubber ducky:tub::goldfish2
also one side will have the chiller and the other side of the stand i will buy or purchase another cabinet
Nice clean looking setup. Wouldn't the pedestal just make it easier for the lil guy to get to the tank? - kinda like a stepstool??

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Tank cycled!!!!!

tabk finished the cycle some time ago:splitspin

I juts bought a new skimmer because the Ati bubble master 160 was too powerful..
here is my new bubble magus nac6
http://www.nuocean.com/skimmers/bubble-magus-nac6.html

honestly this is a GREAT skimmer i am surprised by the build and quality for under 200 bucks. the acrylic is nice and clean and durable. DEFINITELY stronger acrylic THAN MY ATI BUBBLE Master 160... so far one day and it started skimming well and its quieter than the sicce pump

Attachments

• DSC_0097.jpg
    DSC_0097.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 626
  • DSC_0099.jpg
    DSC_0099.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 629
  • DSC_0104.jpg
    DSC_0104.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 624

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: