R

refugium1

The tank will weigh roughly 10,000 lbs once filled. The Tank must be constructed of 1" thick glass. The dimensions of the tank we want to be 10 ft long x 4 ft Wide x 3 ft high. The tank we be placed in a basement so reinforcement is not an issue. There is also more than enough space provided to easily carry in sheets of glass. The location of this project is in little neck, queens. I have a client that wants this tank built as soon as possible. I am just seeking someone who is qualified with building the tank a steel supports. Thats it. Please reply as soon as possible. The job will go to the most qualified low bidder. Thanks so much.

Chris

Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
Huge Tank!

Hello,

As Rick (NYreefNoob) stated I wouldn't put too much into the few dollars saved in a quote. Your first priority should be in finding a qualified builder who has experience and will stand by his product. I'd also check some of his other builds from the past and see how they're standing up today. A few dollars isn't much compared to the problems you'll have if this tank isn't built correctly. I'd way the risks and rewards very carefully. Are the few dollars saved worth the amount of money you'll have to spend if something happens? For such a large tank you'll have to do a little research to find a builder. People who do quality work in building tanks that size don't come a dime a dozen so you'll need to take a little time in finding the right person for that job.

Good Luck :spin:

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Can't be said enough, even on smaller systems; is saving a few hundred today worth loosing a few thousand should the tank fail, remember the total loss will be more than just livestock.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: