jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
that's after I took out three large caps, a horrida colony, and a ton of large digitata's. I still will have to make room. or take out more rocks.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
thanks T, froggie, Russ, Herman,
I was working on the tank till 9 or so, my hand looked like David Blaines after his water trick.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
some more shots from yesterday

fts.jpg

longfts.jpg

damselslimer.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
the clams are now on the right side of the tank

clams.jpg

one of the emeralds spent a day in the purple nana, i did not see any damage when it left, it just seemed to be hanging out.
emerald.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
this is messed up, my life guard big temp digital gauge broke, it's off by five degrees to high!!!!!

I was wondering what was going on by feeling the water it did not feel like 80 degree's. I had taken the pinpoint temp off because the batteries had died. I replaced them and saw this. Also the temp gauge on my chiller which i plugged back in yesterday confirmed the big temp was off.
Damn that sucks. My tank was 74 degree's when I first plugged in the pinpoint's! That means for a while my tank was running at 72. As far as I can tell it did not suffer at all.

bigtemp2.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
chris288 said:
beautiful John. Looks bigger than 120.

chris the tank is 60" long, but only 20" high, I got it custom from glass cages, that's why it looks bigger. I like the length, but now I wish I had more hight.

Regal they do suck. I'm glad nothing died, five degree's is a pretty big swing. the thing is it was working the last time I checked it against another device. I have a medusa controller i need to get fixed, I think this incident will get me to do that.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
check this out

I placed the tunze on the left side under a rock, no more ugly tunze hanging from the top, and the flow seems just as good if not better deflecting of the glass. when i redesign the tank I'm going to do the right side also.
I guess I won't need the vortech after all :wink1:

tunze.jpg

Last edited:

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I apologize if this has been addressed in the thread. I read the first couple of pages and the last, and just havn't got to the middle yet.

How do you like the closed loop that you have sitting ontop of your overflow. I thought this was a great idea, and I am thinking of doing something similar. The only change I want to make is to put a SQWD on it.

Any suggestions, anything you would have done differently, etc. etc.

(I always think you need to build something three times before it is even comes close to right, THe first time, you make a lot of mistakes, the second time you fix the mistakes you made the first time and see how you can really tweak it, the third time is a charm.... or is it)

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
the closed loops are gone.

that was 280 watts of power going 24/7

they were replaced by two tuzes using a mere 38 watts total :D

so I guess I'm on version #2 ;)

Last edited:

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
jhale said:
the closed loops are gone.

that was 280 watts of power going 24/7

they were replaced by two tuzes using a mere 38 watts total :D

so I guess I'm on version #2 ;)

All that power was nagging at me. On the other hand, the electricity bill comes out my "household" account, tunzes com out of my "personal" spending account.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: