Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Took some pics of my tank today. I havn't taken any since i broke it down and moved everything to Raleigh, NC. I am not very good at photography and i get a wicked glare from all the windows in the office where the tank is now located, so bear with me.

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

Last edited:

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wes, the tank looks great....

Did you really move all those animals without a loss?

Thanks, actually i lost most of my fish before i even left NJ. I thought the tunzes would be enough to keep the tank oxygenated while i was taking all the equipment apart. I left the house for birthing class with my wife in the middle of my breakdown. The tunzes were circulating in the display. I came back to a bunch of dead fish. Only one clownfish survived that mistake. :( I started pumping in air w/ air pumps and air stones and the clownfish caught her breath and survived the move. All corals and clams survived. I had a 100g rubbermaid stock tang w/ premixed saltwater at the new house in raleigh waiting on me when i arrived. i went for about 60 hrs without sleeping for the whole breakdown/drive/setup.

I havnt bought any new corals or inverts since the move, just a couple new fish...like that picasso clown in the picture. Got him from donisreef.com She lives about 40 minutes from my house here in raleigh. Nice lady, very cool breeding setup.

This time around i have a much smaller bioload. I learned that even with my battery backups on the powerheads, a power outage would have wiped out my tank. I had the equipment to keep nitrates zero, but the oxygen depletes WAY to fast with a heavy bioload.

lookin good wes, how big is that clam ?

Thanks, guesstimating about 7-8". Got it around 2" it has really grown alot.

Last edited:

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks. Lighting is 250w icecap Anthony calfo signature series 20k SE halides on icecap ballasts and 2 VHO uvl super actinics

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey Wes,
Great looking tank and that Picasso B looks like a comic book character! I wanted to ask how do you like the IC 20k bulb? Can you compare the color temp and intensity to say a SE radium or Aqua Connect 14k bulb?

i really love the IC 20k bulb so far. I used the Aqua Connect 14k for a little over a year. The IC bulb "pops" the colors more than the AC and it is pretty similar intensity.

It's much brighter than the Reeflux 12k.

I read that Calfo left Icecap. I really hope they continue to make these "signature series" bulbs because I really love them. And they are 1/2 the price of the aquaconnects.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
nice jiggy. Are they ORA grade B? or donisreef grade B?

I have another one that is "grade B" from ORA that looks similar to yours. donis tend to have more white than the ORA clowns.

My grade "B" from ORA probably would have been a grade "C" if doni sold it. you can see her in some of the pics on the first page

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: