sexy shrimp
harlequin shrimp

seems like not that much b/c I want more

DrHarryLopez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
My visit to Jarret Shark's Reef

First the temperture was 104 outside and Jarrett's tank was a cool 77 degrees. With three MH lamps all on, with a center 400W MH and two 250's flanking the center. Once you walk into the office from down the hallway this magnificant array of color and movement catches the eye. The growth is apparent of a multitude of a variety of sps, lps, and softies. A large clam sits front and center on the white sand and a frogspawn coral claims its peice of real estate in the tank.

Downstairs is the fishroom where space is not a real issue, in fact it is not even confined with walls. Plumbing running from two return pumps in well organized and functional in its methodology. Skimmer, reactors, frag tank, and 3/4hp chiller all sit comfortable with easy access in the main control center of the tank. Jarrett keeps a pad on the wall where he logs dosing and water changes.

Twenty fishes doesn't really seem like a lot in this large tank. They are beautiful in color and in character.

All in all, Jarrett has a beautiful and well thought out captive reef.

I took a few shots but with my blackberry :(

IMG00422-20100706-1307.jpg

clam.jpg

sps.jpg

millie.jpg

fragrack.jpg

Last edited:

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
Jarret top left you have the rtba comming out of the hole watch that coral that is around it

i just took out my rbta.......it was moving around the last month or so after staying put for more than a year. it killed a bunch of stuff along its path.....blue stylo, duncan, froggie, setosa, digi and blue ridge. i was so p/o....finally got it out this past week.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
tom your next on the tank tour, which day of the week is good for you?
hey doc,
i'm usually available tues. fri. and sun. lmk...we'll do lunch. it's about an hour ride from your office. drag jarrett along.
normally, i would say i'll throw a bbq and invite others also but it's too freaking hot....i ain't standing near a grill....lol.
did you go to alfie's (albano) yet? i wanna take a trip there one of these days.
lmk. tom

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
lol no joke this is a bad summer, reat what happened to ppl with the heat. :(

This is why I am thank full for having centeral air, and also living in the basement with tiled floors. My tank the higest it hit all summer was 82.2

I came home last night and the living room where the tank is was 63

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: