fali

need tank crash insurance
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Well after one year of agonizing renovations i managed to set up my 125 tank. Here some pics to start with. Please forgive the "dirtyness", the system is still in diapers.

Attachments

• 125tank.JPG
    125tank.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 219
  • 125tankleft.JPG
    125tankleft.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 125tankright.JPG
    125tankright.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 218
  • fulltank.JPG
    fulltank.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 217
  • chiller.JPG
    chiller.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 216
  • ledtank.JPG
    ledtank.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 217
  • ledleft.JPG
    ledleft.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 218
  • skimmer.JPG
    skimmer.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 216

fali

Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Thanks! More corals to come but i don't want to overload the system.:)
Here are the specs:

125 RR perfecto tank (72"x18"x22"H), stand and canopy.
sump i got from an MR member
1/2 HP Oceanic chiller rated up to 250 gallons
terminator II skimmer
20000k led + blue(460nm) led totaling 225 watts
5 watt led for cheato in sump
Mag 12 pump for return
I don't RO but i'm using a water filter. Not as good as RO but better than tap.

THis is the first picture of a coral i want to show. This frogspawn(which i bought from an MR member) i thought i actually lost because my old tank had a chiller failure which caused the tank to hit 90 degrees. Well this coral melted like ice cream but after i resolved the problem a peice survived. It was like 2-3 MILIMETERS. After some TLC and faith it grew back and this is an actual photo. Pretty cool.

Attachments

• froggys alive.JPG
    froggys alive.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 206

FLUKE411

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Beautiful tank. The little green monster has reared his ugly head :bigeyes2:(Jealousy that is) the schooling damsels look awesome. Could u elaborate on the LED tubes they look very ECO-GREEN. Where did u purchase from and ballpark price.

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Great looking tank Fareed, but can anyone expect anything less from you!!!!
Don't you just love when you think you have lost a piece yet it bounces right back? Same thing happened to my hammer last year summer. When I pulled the skeleton out I thought I saw the tinsiest of flesh on a small head. I broke that piece off, and put it back in the tank. It now has about 5 heads.;)
BTW, did you move? Looks like you have a glass partition wall.

fali

Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Thanks awilda!! Actually its at an office now. Not my house anymore. Those leds i got from china. The 20000K works great but the blues have a 50% failure. The manufacturer said its a solder problem but i don't think so. Its roughly $3 a watt.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Well after one year of agonizing renovations i managed to set up my 125 tank. Here some pics to start with. Please forgive the "dirtyness", the system is still in diapers.
that skimmer works great doesnt it?! i had one on my setup and it worked great. but now i have a euroreef. terminator 2 right. i tried to sell it but everyone was sketchy about it. i still have it in my basement

fali

Rating - 100%
70   0   0
that skimmer works great doesnt it?! i had one on my setup and it worked great. but now i have a euroreef. terminator 2 right. i tried to sell it but everyone was sketchy about it. i still have it in my basement

Yeah, i had a BAD brown slime algae problem with one of my other tanks. I added that same brand skimmer to it and within 2-3 weeks it was all gone.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: