aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
You set up another tank!

My 72 Bow has a 60 head frogspawn along with 5 other types of euphylias and fast growing softies... seriously running out of space.

I wanted a dedicated coral tank where I could grow out some of my zoanthids and have space for my softies which consistently grow. I picked up Rookie07's set up and started to work on it

So.... the result is this...

photo4-2.jpg

photo3-5.jpg

photo2-6.jpg

I am using a Marineland C220 canister filter with a hydor inline heater. I'm going to basically run carbon in the canister and that's it.

Lighting is a 8x 3W Cree (4W and 4RB) LED setup with 1000mA dimmable buckpucks.

Flow is a Hydor Koralia 2 and the Canister.

Believe it or not... no fish will be going into this tank. :confused:

okay...maybe a Royal Gramma or Black Clown lol.

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
ok, so no fish, except maybe those 2 (yup, sure...lol)..and it will be loaded with corals...why do a see a second reef taking shape here?

You KNOW it's not going to stay that way...lol

Why not just frag & sell some of your corals?

Best of luck with it! :)

knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
That room is begging to look like a fish store.

Have you considered taking the bed out of the room and get a circle tank and put it in the middle of the room?

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Living on the second floor sucks lol. No bed in the room all empty except for like a small dresser.

Although....I'm always looking for something new.. and I think I definitely got some room in there

xvinny631x

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Was just thinking of getting another tank... Quick ? I have a tank with softies and have heard not to mix them with sps.. i just started with sps recently and am thinking of getting rid of the softies??? If i put them into another tank but plumb it into the main would that be ok??

knugenx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
308   0   0
Was just thinking of getting another tank... Quick ? I have a tank with softies and have heard not to mix them with sps.. i just started with sps recently and am thinking of getting rid of the softies??? If i put them into another tank but plumb it into the main would that be ok??

I'm confused...is it a question or sarcasm? (no offense)

Last edited:

nminunni

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Ted you shoulda asked me! You coulda either given me the apartment Ora bunch of frags. If you run outta room again let me know I'll help you out

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: