• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
story: was not happy with my prior DT so I upgraded...yet again

Tank info

* 50 Gallon RR RIMLESS with 3 sided Starphire 48 x 18 x 12 by GlassCages
* going with a DIY Tree Lamp style hanger for my TEK 6 BULB light
* stand

info: time cycle
actnics run from 10-10
all lights run from 12-8
other:

* DIY 20gallon sump
o mag 7 return
o skimmer: Vertex IN100
o ReefFanatic ATO w/Toms aqualifter
o BrightWell NeoZeo Method
mighty mite 50gpd RO/DI
Controller/Power
# 2x RKL mainly to control temp and lights
# DJ Power Panel
Circulation:
# Koralia 2 and 3
# little from return

Live stock!
future
# thinking either yellow, purple or powder brown tang
# midas blenny
# pair of picasso clowns
# mandarin

T5 bulbs:
Fiji purple
Giesemann Actinc + x2
UV Super super actinic
UV Inigo Sun x2

first pic:

newsetup.jpg

sorry this is only the initial shot after getting it into the apt.

**please don't judge me by initial picture** ;D

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
update: rock is in
saw a hitchhiker crab - scared the living sh**&*&^ out of me

i'm going to buy the bulkheads today and hopefully finish the plumbing tonight or this weekend.
also, hopefully the LFS i frequently go to has the caribsea hawaiian black sand. i won't be using a mag float for cleaning so i'm not too nervous about scratches.

anthony, 50gallon

zook, i'll probably be doing that within the next few days. PITA how it's setup right now.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
wolverine. for a hobbyist it's ok. for someone that doesn't deal with tanks will think it's awesome. i can knit pick a few things wrong. make sure you tell EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT. i forgot to mention size of bulkheads and i'm stuck running around for a 1 1/2 schedule 80 bulkhead. might have to order online.

STARPHIRE - you can definitely tell the difference COLOR JUST POPS. so definitely worth the extra few bucks.

i'm going to use standard bulkhead for temp use. i'm going up and over for my return so i'm using both holes as drain. so the 1 1/2 is going to be emergency drain so not worried too much about using standard vs schedule 80 at this moment unless i see other reasons not too.

also, the first time I contacted glass cages. they were a bit rude. the other two times were decent. the wait during the pickup at the delivery location was disorganized to say the least. prepare to wait for a few hours if your not lucky.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
jimmy. your absolutely right. let me rephrase. satisfied for atleast two years.

i will update pictures on saturday/sunday.

i have most of my plumbing ready to get the primer and cement. waiting for the mag 7 to come in the mail and plumb

i'm about 95% done hopefully everything goes smoothly.

can someone show me or tell me the name of the hangers they use to hold up their pvc for drain? i need something adjustable.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: