evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
motor, i noticed some unevenness but very slight. might be due to the wooden floors, the good thing is i'm using a redundancy overflow for the "just in case" overflow so either way i'm going to be safe. the secondary is 1 1/2" main is 1" reason for this is my return is a mag7 which will be a lot closer to the drain flow rate of 1".

i have a really nice update coming up. i'm about 90% done with my plumbing and did a little bit of aquascaping which in my eyes is AWESOME. i love the minimalist look and i think i've achieved it. i painted most of my plumbing black with krylon fusion which makes it look A LOT cleaner. i'm not happy with my return as of right now which i will have to work on but it will do the job for now.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
new FTS
shallow_reef0316.jpg

shallow_reef0316_2.jpg

i know it's early but.........

shallow_reef0316_additions.jpg

orange acan and green duncan - thanks john aka audios!

btw, you can now see why i don't really like my return. looks like lopsided nuts.....ahahaa!!

Last edited:

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
i will be getting a huge lot of frags 15-20 mainly zoas to start next month. and hopefully find a nice pair of picasso clowns next month as well. unfortunately, not much until then.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
ha. i wanted to say nice evo in another thread. apexi silver FTW. ahaha. looks like yours is an viii?

i had a bc29 before modded the hell out of it but didn't find it ample enough space. so i moved on from there to a 65 which was TOO TALL. and i found the shallow reef/rimless threads and fell in love.

my tank is not nearly as cool as some.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1640204&page=26

^^v1...rotate, mavjoy, tswift, adrin, vangogh

absolutely awesome. if i was to make a change i would go with a 24 wide instead of 18 and bring it up 2-3 inches. do it right the first time. i'll live with mine for a bit.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
haha yes the evo is an 8. i saw your pic in your gallery. just like all others i see...love it! haha

yeah i am on there site looking and making tanks right now. im not sure what i want to yet. i like how yours looks. is the stand from them? how much did your shipping cost?

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
my overall build rule atleast for tank/light/sump/stand was 1k budget.

377 delivered - glass cages. overflow drilled, 3sided starphire, rimless, overflow acrylic
160shipped stand from petco - i bought this first unfortunately so i was stuck with a 18"w
light was bought from rc member brand new *upgraded bulbs - 350 shipped
DIY sump ~40bucks for a 20H aga w/free 1/2" black acrylic cell cast acrylic free from njreefers member

but i had some equipment that makes my total build total a bit more so that's not a full running total.

liverock - 89 + shipping during xmas time from marco rocks
fiji sand (lfs) - 25
bulkheads - 20
all my plumbing and diy light fixture - 75
return mag7 - 62
2 reef keeper lites - 150
1 dj power panel - 30
k4, k3, k2 heaters - ~100shipped
neozeo supplements - 45
tlf 550 reactor - 40? i forget
ato - 40 shipped
time - priceless

number of times upgraded in last 8 months - 3

that's equipment no livestock

i hate this hobby. doesn't help with the other hobby.

i would have been good to stick with one hobby.

i'm doing major changes if i get this promotion.

jdm rear ~ 1k
repaint front end then add on lip not sure which one yet.
18" rota gforce - powder coated gold ~1k
rexpeed side and rear extensions
rexpeed cf vent
get my greddy timer up and running
need to replace my suspension so i'll probably just do mr struts with swift springs. heard smooth, good handling, comfortable ride and height ~ 500-600

i'm looking at 4k after install for everything **hopefully**
if i have play money i'll be looking into new FMIC and make a bit more power with hks cams. they don't need to have the valves and springs replaced from what i remember.

ultimate goal 400awhp. bring me closer to 12flat high 11 if i'm lucky. i haven't ran it at the track yet since it has been a daily for quite some time but hoping my luck changes sooner than later.

Last edited:

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
evoreef i think you talked me into it. now you have the sides as well with the star glass? does it look better with that or you think it would still be nice with just the front? cause i see you can get only that option.

nice about your car. what size cams. im thinking about cams myself?

and motort. nice. i see you live in jersey. ever go to englishtown or the islands?

sorry for going off topic. but everyone knows when cars are brought up it ends up into a discussion.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
small block chevys or bigblock for that matter only has ONE and its inside the block, not like yours which has cams above the valves, lol... its a 590/610 lift and a 288/292 duration... i spend a ton of tin in e-town and atco..yea might wanna start a new thread so we dont get too off topic i can talk cars all day!

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
ideas on live stock addition order:

pair of semi snow clowns
midas blenny
purple tang
6-8months in red mandarin or possibly a pair

sound good?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: