kaOzGrUnT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hello Everyone, let me start with a thank you for taking the time to read this.

I currently have a 72 Gal Bow front, nothing special, mostly fish and one carpet anemone. I moved to a new apartment and I would like to set up a new tank with fish and corals.
I bought the 1500 gph overflow from glass-holes.com and plan on placing the box right in the top center of the tank and have a "little giant" as a dual return, one outlet on the left and one on the right of the back wall.
I have seen all kinds of setups and ideas that are very interesting on this forum, (I thank you for giving me so many ideas).
I have questions on Manifolds places on the top brim of the tank, and also on water-flow, If I do a closed loop with a "mag drive 9 or 9.5 {I don't remember what I have}" where should I drill the holes on the tank for the pipes to and from the pump?
I currently have a Pro Clear Aquatics 200, I modified it to where it has a small refugium on the bottom (Picture below), I am thinking of removing the bio balls and place Live Rock where the bio balls are, and maybe placing the whole sump inside a 20 Gal long and making a bigger refugium, OR just making a new sump/refugium.
I also run a Fluval 405 to help with filtering, phosban reactor and a strip light at the bottom of sump to give light to my little refugium.
Please help and advice me.
Also if you could take pictures of your set up it would help a lot, I am more of a visual learner.

Attachments

• pro200wd+ refugium.JPG
    pro200wd+ refugium.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 190

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
your better off making or just getting a new sump because the bioballs are only going to give you nitrates, plus the chaeto will not get any light under the bioballs or live rock. for my 90 i got a 20 long and divided it in half with a baffle. It has the drain and chaeto on the left and the skimmer and return pump on the right. and the skimmer thats with the sump you have is probably a piece of trash, invest in an asm skimmer they are amazing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: