ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Russ,
The teeth of the overflow box is a black acrylic piece which goes down to the bottom of the overflow box preventing you from seeing inside. Its being held in place by another 2 black acrylic pieces perpendicular to it on either side of the overflow box so you can't see inside the overflow box from the side either. All 3 pieces are not held by silicone so they are removable if needed.
I also asked them to make me a black acrylic cover for the overflow box which sits perfectly on top just to muffle any overflow noise, and also looks more nicer. I took the cover off before taking the pic.

The tank stand and canopy is current being built slowly by me. I estimate about 3 weeks if I'm diligent on building it before its complete and ready for the upgrade.

Last edited:

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
I went with the Water Blaster HY7000 for return. 1800 GPH @ 88W. Less wattage and flow with head pressure ofcourse.

The OM 4-Way seems like a good idea, especially since there's exactly 4 holes. I remember Pierce had some rusting on his. Not sure if its a common problem or not though.
That also messes with my whole plumbing diagram I already drew out :lol2:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: