KingNeptunesBounty

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Automatic Temperature Compensating Salinity Refractometer.

I just received one of my new toys courtesy of Reef Exotics. My Auto Tempterature Compensating Refractometer was delivered this evening. Unfortunately, without my other orders being delivered their is not much I can do with this other then look at it. Progress is slow!

RefractometerPhotograph0001.jpg

RefractometerPhotograph0002.jpg

RefractometerPhotograph0003.jpg

Last edited:

KingNeptunesBounty

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
6 Stage RO/DI Tap Water Filtration System.

I guess it comes without saying but initial water quality is where a good reef aquarium starts from what I have read so I ordered a 6 Stage RO/DI Tap Water Filtration System that should have been delivered on Friday, June 25, 2010 but arrived late at the local sorting facility. So according to UPS it should be delivered today. It will be setup the half bathroom in our bedroom since that seems to have the highest water pressure in the house and I am hoping to avoid purchasing an Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump in order to run the system.

Screenshot0001-1.jpg

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Is the glass on a 120 too thick for mp10's? I would check on that before buying them. As for the deltec it is a great skimmer. What are you going to do about surface skimming though?

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

KingNeptunesBounty

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Reply to Jrobbins.

Is the glass on a 120 too thick for mp10's? I would check on that before buying them. As for the deltec it is a great skimmer. What are you going to do about surface skimming though?

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Jrobbins, thank you for the information. I overlooked that fact. I contacted EcoTech Marine this morning and they stated that some of the customers do in fact utilize the MP10W ES on glass thicker then the recommended range that they do not guarantee that is will operate with the stated flow or if it will even stay on the glass without constantly falling off. So it appears that I'm going with 2 MP40W with EcoSmart Drivers.

Last edited:

KingNeptunesBounty

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Water General 6-Stage RO/DI Water Filtration System.

Well my Water General 6-Stage RO/DI Filtration System arrived this afternoon. This is honestly one of the cleanest looking systems I have seen in a long time. I couldn't be happier. So I choose to mount it inside the half bathroom in my bedroom. Got almost completely through the entire installation when I tried to connect the faucet feed adapter which was apparently meant for the smaller faucets. So I have to contact the company tomorrow to get the appropiate faucet adapter. I left room for a Daul TDS Meter as well as some space for the Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump. I'm also considering two additional canister for a secondary sediment filter.

1st stage: high capacity, 5 micron sediment filter, to remove sediment, rust, sand, (replace every 12 months)
2nd stage: high capacity carbon filter, coconut shell carbon block filter removes chlorine, taste & odor (replace every 12 months)
3rd stage: high capacity carbon filter, coconut shell carbon block filter further removing chlorine to ensure 100% removal of chlorine (replace every 12 months)
4th stage: TFC-100 Premium membrane we have done extensive testing among different brands of membrane, and we recently have switched to a higher rejection membrane filter, by US MEMBRANE, MADE IN USA. It removes 95% to 98% of all chemical, dissolved solids in tap water. (replace every 2-3 years) Look at data below. We also have TFC-75 membrane available upon request.
5th stage: DI filter (de-ionized, de-mineralize filter), Nuclear grade, color changing DI filter with refillable clear housing. The DI filter removes remaining of dissolved solids after RO system.
6th stage: DI filter (de-ionized, de-mineralize filter), Nuclear grade, color changing DI filter with refillable clear housing. The DI filter removes remaining of dissolved solids after RO system. A ball valve is included for dispensing DI water into open containers or to open tank.

WaterGeneralRODIWaterFiltrationSyst.jpg

WaterGeneralRODIWaterFiltrationS-1.jpg

WaterGeneralRODIWaterFiltrationS-2.jpg

WaterGeneralRODIWaterFiltrationS-3.jpg

WaterGeneralRODIWaterFiltrationS-4.jpg

WaterGeneralRODIWaterFiltrationS-5.jpg

WaterGeneralRODIWaterFiltrationS-6.jpg

KingNeptunesBounty

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Tap Water Filtration with Faucet Diverter Valve.

I came home to a great suprise today after work. The Faucet Divertor Valve that I had placed an order for just two days prior showed up earlier then expected. However, even after specifying that I required a 15/16 Male thread in order to connect it to my faucet I quickly realized they did not send me the appropriate adapter. So I went to two seperate Home Depot's in order to find the correct adapter only to discover that the particular size I needed was sold out in every store within 50 miles. So I managed to locate the piece from PlumbingSupply.com and placed my order. Hopefully it will be here before the end of next week.

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

KingNeptunesBounty

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Tap Water Filtration with Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump & Hannah Instruments Dual TDS Met

Well the UPS delivery guy showed up extremely late this evening to drop off my package. Poor guy looked exhausted and I really couldn't blame him because this heat has been horrible. But I got my delivery from H2O Science. I have to say I was not extremely impressed with their packing but at least my equipment made it here in one piece. I was a bit late but I still managed to mount the Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump next to my Water General 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis/Deionization System and mount and connect the Hannah Instruments Dual TDS Meter to the Water General 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis/Deionization System as well. I still have to clean up the tubing a bit using cable mounts but it was just too late to be hammering on the walls. Also I am still unable to test the system because I am still waiting on the Faucet Filter Adapter from PlumbingSupply.com. One feature I appreciate is that the Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump came with rubber feet to reduce the noise caused by the vibration of the unit.

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

KingNeptunesBounty

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Tap Water Filtration with PlumbingSupply.com Faucet Adapter & H2O Science Diverter

I finally received the last piece of the puzzle yesterday. My PlumbingSupply.com 15/16 Male to 55/64 Male Faucet Adapter came in which allowed me to connect the H2O Science Diverter Valve to the sink in the Half Bathroom were I setup the Water General 6-Stage Reverse Osmosis/Deionization Tap Water Filtration System. Installation took about 5 minutes with all the necessary tubing being cut into the correct length. I also ran the Waste Water tubing adjacent to the Feed Water tubing in for direct exiting via the sink. I still have some slight cleaning up to do with the tubing and wireing so everything looks neat.

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

KingNeptunesBounty

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Saltwater Mixing with Tunze NanoStream 6025 & Brightwell Aquatics Neomarine Reef Aqua

After some initial research among the various salt mixes available I decided to go out and purchase some Brightwell Aquatics Neomarine Reef Aquaria Salt from a local retailer "Gotham Aquatics" who was having a sale on it. After a very long drive sitting in rush hour traffic to Brooklyn and back to the Bronx I finally got home with my salt. From the claims and reviews regarding this salt it seemed to be the correct choice with you get what you pay for ringing over and over in the background. I now needed a method to mix the salt accordingly without having to resort to the All Clad Stainles Steel Cooking Spoon from Williams Sonoma that is hanging in the kitchen. So I purchased a 5 gallon painters bucket from Home Depot and placed on order for a Tunze NanoStream 6025 Pump with new generation Titanium Allow Shaft rated at 660 gallon per hour at 6 watts of energy to be used inside the bucket to stir the purified water and salt mixture so that my wife doesn't murder me for touching her toys in the kitchen.

TunzeNanoStream6025Photograph0001.jpg

TunzeNanoStream6025Photograph0002.jpg

TunzeNanoStream6025Photograph0003.jpg

TunzeNanoStream6025Photograph0004.jpg

TunzeNanoStream6025Photograph0005.jpg

TunzeNanoStream6025Photograph0006.jpg

TunzeNanoStream6025Photograph0007.jpg

TunzeNanoStream6025Photograph0008.jpg

kaOzGrUnT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Kitchen toys

I know exactly what you mean, I'm always using the wooden spoons. lol
I can't believe your lady let you set the filter there, I was able to fit mine under the sink. (I claimed my right to half of the cabinet) LOL

The ziplock container is filled with water and I place a 5 gallon heater to keep the water going into the filter at 80 deg.

Attachments

• filter 001.jpg
    filter 001.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 105

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: