R

rdmcgraw

Hi everyone. I hear the lighting experts roam around in this forum...so here I am. I just set up a 150 gallon 72lx18wx26d that i picked up from a friend. The tank canopy has a couple of ballasts and (4)72" VHO bulbs in it. I want to convert it over to t5's , which I know I can do with the icecaps. The question is what is optimum lighting for a reef tank of this depth?

I really wanted to stay away from 72" bulbs, as no one seems to shelf them around here. Can someone make a suggestion of bulb combinations, and configurations? Would 5 rows of double 3 foot bulbs be enough?( 15 foot on each ballast)

Ive only been in the hobby for about 4 months, and have a nice 30 gallon tank going. From my experiences there I know that I am definitely going to be dealing with a lot of corals. Im having a hard time finding any real guidelines on lighting....only basic stuff that has no correlation to tank depth etc.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: