gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
OK, so the skimmer stopped freaking out (overflowing); I'm emptying twice a day but just a bit of yellow water.
Also, started to feed my clients with a bit of spirulina infused shrimp from defrosted cubes. I like how they nibble on my hands when I release the food in the water.
Also, today I "entered the talks" with Wingo about getting the LED lights for my tank to replace my burnt out actinic bulb.
After this considerable expense, I'll start thinking about getting the chiller. Right now all seem to be a bit stressed but making it with 84.9F
BTW, I Constantly don't see one of my clowns in the morning! He/she comes out from nowhere only after I feed the other one and step away from the tank.Anemone is all shriveled up, not like she used to be - full of life and color :-(

gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Can that $90 bucks be hidden under the standard hood? I don't want to mod the tank further. Also Anemone is attached in a way that I don't even dare to tear her off (she excerts poison when touched! - I can feel it).

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
You shouldn't need a chiller for such a small tank. Get a clip on fan.
Get rid of the anemone before it kills everything else off. Try keeping just one family type of coral. Otherwise they are in a chemical battle. Don't dose anything. Just change a gallon a week.

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I agree with basiab. I would try a clip on fan to try and cool things down before spending good money on a chiller. I had a bc14 and it hit the mid 80's before I got the chiller. The fan brought my temps down like 3 degrees but every situation is different. Just be prepared to top off more often when you use a fan.

gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Morning dosed 24 drops of iodine.
Evening SG= 1.027 - lowering it now by addition of 1 cup fresh water (declorinated).
Going to check new SG in a few minutes.
My signature keeps shoing 12 G (gallon) when my tank is 14 G... - go figure.

gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Oh, I see my signature got fixed!
I topped-up yesterday w 4 cups of FW and SG still stayed at 1.027.
This morning t=83.x F. Palys are opening up, so do red shrooms. Leather got two mouths.
I'm due to take some pictures...
I'm removing some sheet red/brown algae off the rocks form time to time...

gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Tonight: SG=1.028
Water change: 1 bucket w 1cup plus little more SALT @ SG= 1.025
New immediate tank SG=1.027 - very hard to lower it down!
Dismantled the hood - now keep it popped up on a LEGO leg.
Need to replace or otherwise silence that second fan - drives everyone in the household crazy! Willl try to replace or if not working MARINE GOOP it to place.

gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Last weekend I was out capming - so I had skipped the water change. Instead I added fresh water treated with bacterial liquid (will post the name later). After coming back (already by Wednesday I added squirts of Tech CB A & B and drops of iodine to keep levels in check. Will do PWC tomorrow.
Oh, I got a chiller, but need lines to hook it up. Will try to use old python lines.
This morning (8/27/10) t= 79.0

gimincorp

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
8.22 PM after all day under 10K:
t= 83.9 SG = 1.028 (too high)

I added 1 tab (13 Oz ) of fresh water pre-treated with Microbe-lift extreme; about 40 drops of iodine supplement and a squirt of Tech CB A & B.
Addition did not result in temperature drop.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: