Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
LOL
good one

Sand (if you want) helps denitrify
Chaeto (is a macro algae) helps to export unwanted nutirents etc (phosphates)
Live rock (very little - too much wohtout good flow is a nitrate trap) to help as filtration
Skimmer goes before fuge and return
Amphipods and Copepods - beneficial organisms to feed the tank
Heater and misc equipment (keeps them out of your display)

And a link from Deanos on the why to's of sumps/refugiums would really help you (read first) would really help.

House

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
NYPDFrogman said:
sorry I cant resist.... WATER

:joke:

i was so gonna say that.. he beat me to it.. lolzz..

this is the setup that im gonna do.. left side is skimmer and intake from main tank. left is also intake from main and also were the live rock live sand and some cheato is gonna go... and the middle is the return.. drawing is not drawn to scale but it will resemble that....

Attachments

• plans1 75 gallon.bmp
    699 KB · Views: 55

Pili

The Shrimp PIMP!!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Prettyboy, just remember that cheato is basically a plant and needs light so you will need a light over it. Small power compacts in the 18w-32w and 6500k-10000K work very well.

Tim

Tim`s Aquatics
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Tony you might be getting too much flow like that.A refug. needs low flow in order to work correctly.Make one side the sump and the other side the fuge and you can feed it with a small pump attached to a phosban reactor going into the fuge than overflowing back into the sump.....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: