rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Day 15, the tank is fully disassembled, and started to pollish it, next is delivery.
finished2.jpg

finished1.jpg

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Day 21, I was over at my tank builders place, the tank is ready to be shipped ( In pieces)
The glass will be here, at my house between the 20th - 24th. Assembley will start on 3rd of January. Made a couple of changes to the rebuild. I replaced the rear glass with the front glass, now the front glass will be starfire, the reason behind this was that I did not want 6 2" holes for a closed loop. I would like to thank Valentin (Valentin) for his help in getting the glass.
2 stands are going to be built, the one I received from Joe, it is wood and will be used to construct the tank, and 1 will be made of steel to house the tank.
Now in the process of clearing the area where My Dream Will Sit.
Pics to follow.

Fishluva513

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My name is Richie, some of you might now me, some might not, I started reefing in January of 2010 with a 175 gallon bow tank. I looked at an empty tank with rocks in it for 2 months, and after countless days and nights adding fish, coral, equipment, and sweat I achived my goal of having a reef. But their was something missing, I wanted more, I read all the threads of our members here that had larger tanks, this was my dream to one day have a very large tank, with lots of fish and lots of coral, and to bring the piece of the ocean into my house. This happened last week when i got a text from (THEDLO) when I was over (DEL)'s house saying that their was a 450 for sale for a dollar. I made some calls as I was not in front of a computer. (bigdog1428) was the man I called as he lived right nearby. After going back and forth for over an hour the deal was done.
I was the owner of a 450 gallon tank from (qy400). I would like to thank everyone that was involved in this transaction. Now the fun begins, November 26th 2010, the tank is being picked up in LI, with the help of (Valentino), (bigdog1428), and friends that are not a part of MR. The truck will bring this dream of mine to Brooklyn where it will get torn down, and trucked back to my house, (couldn't move the tank the way it was down the strairs) The tank will be assembled on site in my basement. Thank you MR for having a site that is located here in NY, for making MY DREAM COME TRUE.
I will have pics up after the move from LI
wow that was ur tank i saw i was in heaven wen i seen it good luck waah is a good guy little bit of a language barrier other than that deff does great work

Last edited:

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Day 29
Well since we are in our first blizzard for 2010, my daughter and I decided to put the wood stand together, This stand will be used to construct the tank, Next comes the construction of the steel stand.
Enjoy the photos.
Cut Peices
cutpieces.jpg

Corner posts
cornerposts.jpg

Uprights
uprights.jpg

Bottom Plate
bottompanel.jpg

Worlds Greatest Helper (Future Reefer)
greathelp.jpg

greathelp2.jpg

All Corners.
cornersandbottom.jpg

Side View
standview2.jpg

Front View
standview1.jpg

solracju

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
WOW Rich. man so was the cichild really holding from the last time i was there? and nice start on that stand can wait to see more progress maybe i can stop by again and see the progress in person.... ill supply the beer this time :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: