ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
pecan2phat said:
Tom,
That is my connected 102g tank, so no skimmer, sump, heater, reactors. Just 236 watts of T5 lighting and 30 watts of Tunze Streams :D

It's my overflow tank experiment with T5 lighting.

There's a 90g FOWLR but wasn't looking that good, it's under hypo treatment and Pierce refused to take any pictures of my goldfishies.

Your non-main tank is bigger than my main tank :( So is your skimmer handling the volume of water in your system Deltec APF600? How is the experiment with T5 going? Did you try to frag a piece from the main tank and place it in the T5 setup? How high is the T5 from the water surface?

How long have it been setup?

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Tom,
The skimmer is actually the smaller sized Deltec AP600. When the main tank (120g) was solitary, the skimmer was fine. Now that I added an additional 100 gallons of water to the system, the AP600 is probably undersized even though it's rated for 130g heavy stocking and 220g normal stocking.

The connected tank is only about 6 weeks old but my PO4 & NO3 is still very low, pretty much no changes even though some additional live rock and fish were added to the overall system.

Actually all the corals and clams with the exception of the two LPS Brains up front, came from the main tank. You can probably guess that my main tank was getting crowded. All that was added was 32 lbs of Fiji, 16 lbs of Tonga branch, 6 Hawaiian Bi-Color Anthias, a small Copperband, the two LPS Brains and maybe a frag or two of SPS. So the majority of the bio-load was already in the main system before this overflow/connected tank was setup.

Lights are a TEK T5 six bulb unit. They are suspended about 7 to 8 inches off the water surface.
Spykes saw the setup and felt the colors were washed out like in a washing machine. I do agree with him to a degree, they are not as deep and rich in color as with the MH lighting but they not browning out either.
While the water parameters are shared with the main tank, flow and lighting are different.
Main tank runs 720 watts in lighting and 165 watts for the closed loop, connected tank runs 236 watts in lighting and 30 watts for a pair of Tunze 6000s. I figure this extra setup runs a minimal amount of electrical use per month, maybe $25 to $30 only. Not bad for another entire tank, huh?

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Here are some more for our Tank of the Month!!

img29405le.jpg

img29615sb.jpg

img29272uw.jpg

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Tom,

Thanks for posting all those pics! People can see the pics here vs the TOTM thread because the links are not working.
Show them the Cross Hatch, it's went to Atlantis Marine World this morning into their 20,000 gallon reef tank. I think he'll be quite happy there.

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I didnt' get a good focus pic on the cross hatch. Maybe Cali have to more photo he didn't upload. Here is the best one I could find.

img30082ug.jpg

Why did you gave it away? That is one beautiful trigger!! I thought you getting a bigger tank, lol :)

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
too sweet for words, amazing tank!

must be breathtaking in person ;)

you have set the bar quite high, i almost feel bad for the next guy..lol

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
ctxmonitor said:
Why did you gave it away? That is one beautiful trigger!! I thought you getting a bigger tank, lol :)

The day they were shipped to me, I knew they were way too big for any of my tanks. They were supposed to come in at 6" or less. One out of the four were less than 6"s and that is the only one that I kept.
:lol: , every night at feeding time, he was like pac man and everyone had to get the hell out of the way. Lot's of personality, I'll miss him but I'll get to see him at Atlantis!

I worked out a fair deal with the curator of Atlantis, he also happens to be the president of the reef club (LIRA) that I also am a member of. Hey, free back door admission anytime I want to see him!
I also walked out with wet pockets too from their frag tanks behind the scenes :shhh:

Guys,
Thanks for all the compliments, it means a lot cause you all have amazing tanks yourselves :cheers:

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
warren, I have a question. Those mille( green and pink/red) that you have in your tank, how did you get it to grow like that? Did you mount it horizontally or it just happen to grow in that shape?

Did you grew all these from frags or some were brought as colonies? Do you dose your tank for anything?

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
ctxmonitor said:
warren, I have a question. Those mille( green and pink/red) that you have in your tank, how did you get it to grow like that? Did you mount it horizontally or it just happen to grow in that shape?

Did you grew all these from frags or some were brought as colonies? Do you dose your tank for anything?

He bought them as colonies two days before I took the pictures :lol: .. Dude, you have four question marks for ONE question. :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: