flyrfrk33

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey - tanks been up and running for about 2 years now. Just recently moved to Manhattan and started getting the tank back and flourishing again.

Let me know thoughts/opinions

Attachments

• New Frags 2-2.JPG
    New Frags 2-2.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Full tank.JPG
    Full tank.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 178

flyrfrk33

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attached are some more pics.

Added 2 snails this past weekend.

I am a little/ a lot worried about the 2 frags I attached. Any help with either would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• Unknownfrag 2.JPG
    Unknownfrag 2.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Unknown frag.JPG
    Unknown frag.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Snail1.JPG
    Snail1.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 136

flyrfrk33

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all - just got my water parameters tested at a LFS. Everything was good, calcium a little low (320) so I bought Kent's liquid calcium. How often do you suggest that I add it to the tank? Also, (might be a dumb question) but do i just add drops into the tank? or into a smaller cup with some water and then pour that in??

Also bought Coral -Vite which i will start to feed into the tank directly every other day as part of their diet.

I have the regular salt test kit and now also buying a calcium and kh test kits so I dont have to go to a LFS to get them tested all the time.

Let me know thoughts on calcium and coral vite

flyrfrk33

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!

apparently my calcium and feeding was a bit low. I have been adding calcium every few nights and coralvite every other night. As well as feeding mysis shrimp on the off nights. Last night I tested calcium and KH and both were in good ranges.

Calcium was 440
KH took 10 drops

Here is an updated pic with the frags recovering and starting to look great again.

I plan to attack the algae this weekend, is there any suggestions better then just using the glass scraper and really digging at it

Attachments

• tank2-15.JPG
    tank2-15.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 102

flyrfrk33

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update

Here are some new pics after this weekends trip to unique corals in manhattan (RIDICULOUSLY GREAT SELECTION for beginners and experienced with all sorts of prices)

Attachments

• yellow poly.JPG
    yellow poly.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Tank 2-20.JPG
    Tank 2-20.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Crabber.JPG
    Crabber.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 70

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: