Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I came a across this site doing a search, Glad I found it! I am a member over at 3reef and started my build thread over there but, I guess I'll have two homes and start a build thread here as well..

I'll just post what Ive posted over there the past month..

01-10-2011,

Well, A little over a year ago I started this 29 bow tank,

DSC_0635.jpg

Wasn't really happy with getting a small tank like that but, I really didn't have the money nor the room for something bigger, So it was good enough for the time being. And it was nice to just have a tank set up after a few year of not having one!;D

Then, this past Halloween while trick-or-treating(I'm not to old for that:P) I came across a stand that someone was throwing out, Thank you!;D So loaded it up and took it home! Talked my wife into letting me make room for it, And told her I wouldn't jump into blowing lots of money on it right away!::)

So after a few months of the stand just sitting there with nothing going on with it, She finally got sick of it just sitting there, and me saving up a few $ by not buying her as much for Christmas!:eek: I got enough to start this baby up!

On with the pic's

DSC_0623.jpg

DSC_0621.jpg

DSC_0639.jpg

DSC_0630.jpg

DSC_0628.jpg

DSC_0625.jpg

Made a sump out of a old 30 tank I had,

DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

also got 50lbs of BRS Reef Saver Rock,

DSC_0642.jpg

01-11-2011,

Got the back of the tank painted, Along with the overflow in..
Not the paint I wanted, But when you have the wife get it you get what you get..

DSC_0661.jpg

DSC_0652.jpg

DSC_0686.jpg

Turned out great, except for some paint getting under the trim on the right side, I can live with it...

01-17-2011,

Ok, I had a old oak light fixture that I stained black, It had 2 175watt MH with 2 40watt blue fluorescent that I upgraded to 2-250watts..

Also got the 90lbs of rock in,

DSC_0726.jpg

DSC_0710.jpg

DSC_0708.jpg

DSC_0705.jpg

DSC_0752.jpg

DSC_0699.jpg

01-23-2011,

Added another 20lbs rock, Got sand in and started adding water..

DSC_0771.jpg

DSC_0773.jpg

01-29-2011,

Got the sump going with a Eheim 1262 for the return pump, Added a Hydor 1050 pump as well..

DSC_0769.jpg

DSC_0771-1.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

DSC_0782.jpg

DSC_0785.jpg

DSC_0793.jpg

DSC_0795.jpg

Also add a bulkhead to the fuge side of the sump,

DSC_0759.jpg

DSC_0765.jpg

02-01-2011,

Got the PS,

DSC_0776.jpg

Got the fuge going, and fired up the PS for a bit to see it working but, Shut it down til my cycle is over..

DSC_0785-1.jpg

02-02-2011,

Started my cycle..

DSC_0769-1.jpg

Two small shrimp in a nylon..

Well, that's were I'm at at this point!

Thanks for looking and hope to hear some feed back!

:D

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Donnie, Welcome to MR. Congrats on getting your reef up and running.

Question for you about your DIY sump. Have you tried a power outage test? The baffles in your sump/fuge seem exceedingly high. The way it is set up appears that you might flood the sump if the power goes out. You should test it under controlled conditions.

Russ

S

Shawno

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome rock placement! wish i never got rid of my 90 (wich was still in the box when i sold it) sighh
goodluck with yours !

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome rock placement! wish i never got rid of my 90 (wich was still in the box when i sold it) sighh
goodluck with yours !

Thanks a lot, Shawno!

looks great!

Thanks!

Rock on mate. Glad to hear the positive results.
Finish that cycle (taking your time of course) and start stocking that bad boy.
Russ

Thanks, Russ!

I dont want to take my time, This is killin me! lol

Looks like your off to a good start. keep the pics coming and welcome.

Will do and thanks, Alex!

Ammonia-1.0
Nitrite-2.0
Nitrate-2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using seachem for my water tests..I ran out of ammonia tests, so I picked up Salifert for the ammonia tests, still using the seachem for the nitrite and nitrate..

Ammonia-.25
Nitrite-15
Nitrate-20

Looks like my ammonia's are almost gone and the others are spiking!

I got a new sump, ESHOPPS 200..

DSC_0776-1.jpg

Ok, I have a question:

I'm having a problem with the overflow in the DT, It is way to loud and doesn't seem to be working right..It wasn't this loud before I changed the sump and the water level was higher in the overflow area before I changed to the new sump...Here's a video of it,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFd6GsIVRdU

Hopefully someone could help me out with this..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: