duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
so after i broke down my 50 breeder i wanted to make a tank i know i can make last and stop with the upgrading.i built a 92 for a fellow member here and the 92 corner bug bit me.so i went out and picked this tank up and started building.i started with the stand which i wanted to have loads of room unlike the stock stand which you cant fit crap in so i went with a triangular build.i had the rock and some livestock in a small tank and after i built the stand i put all the rock and livestock in.i had 2 clowns a sixline,a cardinal and some small softie corals and my large toadstool left.these creatures have been with me since the beginning and were not giving them up.2 months later and everything is doing great.now for the fun part.this is going to be a dominated sps tank so some changes were made.i now have 2 vortechs for my flow.i built a stand so i can have 2 tanks in it.one is for my fuge which is a 20 long.the other is my sump.i have the same skimmer which is a euroreef which i might upgrade but its still kicking arse.the other major upgrade is my lights.i purchased a a102 acan 3ft lighting system which so far i loveee.thanks mike at tropical aquarium.mike also hooked me up with 2 sps frags which are doing good so far.i will be adding a calcium reactor and a ato in the next month or 2 then let the frag buying begin.i just finished the canopy on monday.its just a skin.the top is open and the sides.just the front is covered.and another thing i did was switch salts.in my 50 i used oceanic salt and i was having a problem with cyano.then when i switched tanks i noticed i was still getting it so i bought a 5gal bucket of io and in 2 weeks my cyano was gone.i will post some pics of the inside of stand in a few,i hope my life can be less hectic then the previous 6 and enjoy this site and hobby once again.

Attachments

• 92 tank.jpg
    92 tank.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 280

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
the acan colors are amazing.you can program it any way you want.you want more blue give it more blue.u like it more white lower the blue.i can say they are very powerful.i have them on 70 percent and i dont think my bubbletip is liking the intensity.i had 2 zoos on a frag disc that seem like they are dieing have to move them down to bottom.got to figure out how intense i should keep them so sps and lps will be happy.does anyone have a acan with a mixed reef.what do u keep the intensity at.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Well I'm running my lights like this

10am sunrise starts and finishes at 12pm at 100%b 35%w and runs at that from 12pm to 8pm with 5 cloud covers at various times then decreases from 100%b 35% w at 8pm and the sunset lasts until
10pm

Then the Lunars do there thing

And I'll raise the whites 5% a week and see how everything reacts.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
thanks for the compliments.i have to make some adjustments for the wood work.the canopy is mounted on 2x4 and im worried it may be to tight in case of expansion due to humidity and moisture.im going to fix that problem tomorrow

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: