SlamaJama

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.3%
152   1   0
rboriga, i have a frag on reserve for frag swap, almost everything else thr is still 1 or 2 that r still avail go look at the frag swap playbill thread..
http://manhattanreefs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9399..thxs
michael, tyvm
steve, first ty for ur compliments, if it wasent for david, prob wouldnt be this far...need an id on that table u sold me in november its on page 3, 24th & 25th post

SlamaJama

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.3%
152   1   0
more

neon birds nest..i got from rich
alien eye acan...from atlantis
and a blurry soon to be replaced pic of
slama's purple bonsai, which will be rich's when he p/u...
oh and 1 of my clams (for u dean)..lol

Attachments

• neon birds.jpg
    neon birds.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 114
  • alien eye acan.jpg
    alien eye acan.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 112
  • slama's bonsai.jpg
    slama's bonsai.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 114
  • clam max 1.jpg
    clam max 1.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
hey Mike,

that new squamosa is great looking, how are the little frags doing?
the ones I got from you have some crazy polyp extention.

- j

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
well since you have the space, i say forgot about the 180 and go 450!! You won't have much of a heat problem since the basement always remain cool..:groupflip

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
It's in a basement? I would do the 180, or a 220 then.

maybe if we all say 220, Mike will go for the 180 ;)

120's feel small after a few months...

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
That squami is sweet looking. Your tank is really shaping up. 'grats

I'm in agreement with Jon and David and everyone else. The 220 in the basement is a make sense move. The fact that you won't have to worry about heat, space, structural issues or the need to upgrade again soon after makes this a no brainer. If I had the room I would have done that as well.

Just think of the larger variety of fish you'll be able to keep in there. I'm seeing a suhweet school of Bartlett or Purple Anthias, a nice Powder Blue Tang, Naso Tang, Sohal Tang, 1/2 dozen or so of hot wrasses, and the list goes on. :Thinking: :thrash:

Honestly doesn't make sense going for the intermediate tank when you've got all the resources for the 220.

JH, let me know when I should start to apply the full court press :biggrin:

Russ

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
thanks for the assist Russ :)

I think a slow chipping away and Mike will break.

But really you can find a good used 220, and the cost of running it will not be bad. the lights will be the same, 3 250's is cool, maybe a bigger skimmer, but that's not a huge deal, the cash you save by not having to cool that sucker makes it worth it alone. Mike you need to see a 220 and then compare it too a 120, makes me want to get rid of my tank.
there can also be high flow and medium flow sections, the whole thing could be covered by 2 6080's and the return. get some extra rock and cook it up, bam you have a cheap 220 set up for the cost of running a 120, I'll take the extra 100 gallons.

that was not such a hard sell was it? :rolleyes:

SlamaJama

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.3%
152   1   0
i cant buy new...cant possibly aford a "new" tank. TG D is giving this to me on the cheap, if some1 had a 220 for $100 im in for it.
because i have everything else for it
hey rich, btw, i have something here that urs..

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Mike thats awesome. I really love the colors you're getting. Dave is stopping by to pick up my surprise frag :lol_large I feel like a kid at a candy store!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: