gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok men, and women,

I was planning on setting up a 300g tank. It is 72" long x 27" tall x 36" front to back. But, will working on the to be fishroom, taking plastic to the walls, moving stuff around, it had a brain fart and thought that it could be cool to have not one larget tank, but three smaller tanks on that wall. The tank or tanks will be built in the wall and all equipment behind the tanks in fishroom. I was thinking that three 'cubes' all approx 50g, all connected to 150 gallon stock tank with one skimmer, etc. would look pretty freaking cool. That way I could have some fish that might not be compatible with other critters that I want. An example is a flame hawk fish with shrimp. This way I could plan the tanks out and have most all fish, inverts, etc. that I want. I do not have any tanks purchased yet. I have a dual 400w mh ballast and sockets, etc. But I can sell that to a buddy easy enough, or depending on how tall the cubes are I could keep those and get a single 400w ballast. Thoughts? See any upsides or downsides to three tanks? I am a lps/rics/zoos, smaller fish kind of guy. If I got a large tank, then I would get a couple different tangs, but if I didn't thats not a big deal. Only idea with a big tank that I could not do with smaller tanks is have a school of 15-20 antheas (sp). The wall is 10' 6" long.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: