dotc0m

Cheeky Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I upgraded from a 20g to a 40g and guess since it's beginning to look a bit presentable, I thought I'd post about it... :redface:

Tank:
Custom Reef Ready 40 Gallon Breeder w/ custom built stand

Residence
Ultra Grade A Picasso Pair Clown Fish
Mystery Wrasse
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Yasha Hashe Goby

Equipment
Custom glass overflow with 'whatever' style drain
1/2'' return Marineland Maxijet 1800 Utility Pump
Customking Sump 28'' x 10'' x 15''
MP10
SWC 120 Extreme Cone Skimmer
2x Linked TLF Phosban Reactor (Rowaphos and Carbon)
150w Stealth Heater + 50w Heater
ATO.com dual
2x AI Sol Super Blue

Upgrade
FTS 1.27.2011
DSC_1353.jpg

FTS3.jpg

Last edited:

dotc0m

Cheeky Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Finally got the mystery wrasse eating. All she needed was some mysis.

Weekly pics of changes during the week:

Top down showing screen. Previously it was in three pieces, and didn't rest evenly...
Topdown1.jpg

Yasha Haste:
Yasa1.jpg

Picassos:
Picasso1.jpg

Picasso2.jpg

Mystery:
Mystery1.jpg

Coris:
Coris1.jpg

3.13.2011 FTS:
FTS2.jpg

dotc0m

Cheeky Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I believe my Yasha Hase is on it's way to death, and the culprit is the mystery wrasse! He's missing a fin and is not eating, even though he is still fat, I fear the damage is done.

I was able to put him in a tiny breeder because he was that easy to catch.. (not a good sign). Hopefully he'll eat soon.

dotc0m

Cheeky Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Mystery is my favorite fish and behaves well. Having said that, every fish is def different imo, but should be okay more or less.

I'm actually going to add a melenarus wrasse soon. Not sure when yet, but wheN i get around to it.

dotc0m

Cheeky Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Some updates, lost my yasha hase. It was a bit roughed up, I suspect, because of the mystery wrasse. I did catch her a few times nipping at it. My SWC 120 Cone also broke. I broke it myself while cleaning; long story short, I've been working with the stellar reps from SWC in cananda and they sent me out a new replacement part free of charge, no questions asked.
Picked up 3 new pieces from local hobbyists, probably my last buy until the swap :). Enjoy!

Pink and Gold Paly's, RH's, and a freebie of Tequila Sunrise that haven't fully opened yet. Thanks Endy!!
DSC_1578.jpg

Fully encrusted tri-color Valida - Thanks Tom! (Treef)
DSC_1579.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: