garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
well another day another update had to work today so not much got done the electric is all roughed in 10 outlets total 5 on each side of tank and the sound proofing is done before i finish the stand i have to sheetrock so hopefully tomorrow i will get that done

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
For sheetrock go to home depot i got mines for 6.50 for two sheet n there ultra lightweight too. The brand name is (Ultra Light Weight) u cant go bad with that deal gary plus i got to 4 sheet for 13.00 bucks two weeks ago for my 55g custom wall stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
im going with green board and a good paint from benjiman moore i have gone this far no need to skimp now my issue now is i made the opening about 8 inches taller than the tank so i can make a flip up door so i can work on the tank i do not want to see hinges i know they make something for that just wondering if anyone has any place to find them ??????????????????

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Spend the extra money for green board (Mold and Mildew resistant) sheetrock. Do it once and do it right. Even if painted regular rock is very susceptible to mold/mildew unless it's wiped down once or twice a week.

+1,000,000

Please spend a few dollars more and do it right. Greenboard is a definite. Not using greenboard is a mistake. FYI, it is building code to use greenboard in bathrooms for a reason, the high humidity. The humidity in a bathroom is NOTHING compared to that around a fishtank. Hence your installation of an exhaust fan.

Russ

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Sump was a piece of cake. Although I used acrylic Im not to concerned. I had zero bowing when I test filled it.

aefc01a3-6cb3-23bb.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Reefs

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
Absolutely. I basically sat down with what I wanted in mind, went through a c*** load of graph paper and came up with that. I based everything off my skimmer requirements. Let me know when your ready.

Yep it's a Triton 5. It will be replaced with a MAG sometime this summer.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Absolutely. I basically sat down with what I wanted in mind, went through a c*** load of graph paper and came up with that. I based everything off my skimmer requirements. Let me know when your ready.

Yep it's a Triton 5. It will be replaced with a MAG sometime this summer.

I might consider replacing the Triton 5 also. However, I wouldn't go with a Mag. I would absolutely go with a Marineland Euro Utility Pump either the 4500 or 5500.

Russ

garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
didnt get anything done today got stuck late at work and didnt want to pick up drywall in the rain but here are some pic's of sound proofing and electrical

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 640
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 638
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 641
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 635

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: