gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the planning stages of setting up a 300g tank. I have a 150g stock tank that will house the skimmer, macro algae, extra live rock, and a suspended frag tray. The top of the stock tank is 40" off the floor. I have it sitting on a double layer of cement blocks. I want to make it easier for me to work on skimmer, frags, etc. The bottom of the tank will be 38" off of the floor. The tank will have two corner overflows that drain out of the bottom of the tank. The tank will drain into the stock tank. My question is, since the stock tank is 2" higher than the bottom of the tank, will there be enough 'push' of water to get the water over the 2" height difference?

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I dont think thats gonna work out to well for you. Is there any way you can lower the "stock tank? Your not going to get the flow you want if the water has to be pushed up 2". At least thats my inexperienced opinion. I never tried to set up a system that way. Good luck with it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: