jcolbe276

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
64   16   0
What's going on with all my fellow reefers out here on MR. Well as you all know in my last tank thread for my 25Gallon Nano setup I said Nano's honestly weren't my thing. Well over the next couple of days I'm gonna be showing off my DIY projects- (Stand, Sump, Plumbing Etc. So please look out for my updates and pictures to come.

jcolbe276

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
64   16   0
Update #1

18bcfb70-0f9c-6625.jpg

Some of the best cedar (2"x4") wood for my DIY custom 75 Gallon stand. More pictures to come of me in the build process.

jcolbe276

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
64   16   0
Update #2 Building the 75Gallon Aquarium Stand...

18bcfb70-0149-2527.jpg
This is the framing, extra half inch on each side.

18bcfb70-0164-f7e3.jpg
Me in my Bummy clothes working hard on my new stand

18bcfb70-017d-91c7.jpg
Both top & Bottom frames ready to go

18bcfb70-018f-076b.jpg
My son Jason being noisy, but very curious what his daddy is building.

18bcfb70-01d0-fef9.jpg
Framing is almost done. Then I can start to add the bells and whistles. Lol

18bcfb70-0246-1238.jpg
Top down view of the almost finished 75Gallon Aquarium Stand

jcolbe276

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
64   16   0
Hey Javier, I know man I felt bad putting up that picture of me..lol... I'm gonna be using a custom sump just waiting for my plastic order to come in. As far as the stand concerns that is just the inner support structure, I have to put all corner structure and then stain inside (Light Chestnut) and the outer a Glossy Black Stain. I hope I answered all questions and thanx for the support. All questions and feedback welcomed.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
looking good, but you wouldnt even need the center verticle support 2x4's and do you plan to leave a door on the end to get sump out if needed too ? or in for that fact, something to also look at is with size of sump do you already have a skimmer in mind ? being it doesnt look like sump will be that wide

jcolbe276

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 80%
64   16   0
@ Pauli I have to agree with ya. I like a little over kill on my stand's just as a precaution. But in the next few days to come I will be finishing my stand and getting the tank up and plumbed. Just awaiting a few items to come via UPS. Well check back all my fellow reefers. And thanx again for all the support and comments.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: