Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My tank finished cycling in six days and yesterday I added my ten Green Chromis to make sure the tank is cycled before I return the larger fish. The rockscape is not as minimalistic as I would've liked but it will allow me to place more corals and there are a lot of openings within the structure to allow for good water flow. Here are a few pictures to show you what I've been up to.

SDC11326.JPG

SDC11330.JPG

SDC11346.JPG

Here is a link to my old thread.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Equipment list

Tanks

120 Gallon Perfecto Glass Aquarium (48”x24”x24”) with internal overflow
30 Gallon Sump (36”x12”x16”)

Water Movement Equipment
One Danner Mag Drive 9.5 (950 GPH, 73 watts)
Loc-Line return hose (0.75”)
Two Vortech MP-40w Pump (1,000-3,200 GPH, 7-33 watts)

Lighting Equipment
Two Lumenarc III mini Stealth Pendants (14.5”x14.5”x7”)
Two 250 watt 14K Phoenix DE Metal Halide Bulbs
One 250 watt Lumatek Dimmable Electronic Ballast
One 250 watt Lumatek Electronic Ballast
One TEK II retrofit T-5 48” lighting 2x54watt (2 bulbs total)
Two ATI Blue Plus 54 watt T-5 Bulb
8 bulb LED blue lunar lights

Water Quality Equipment
6 Stage Melev’s/Bulk Reef Supply Reverse Osmosis with Two DI Filters (100 GPD)
Vertex IN-180 Protein Skimmer (rated for up to 180 gallons)
CoralVue Bubble Blaster 3000 pump (400 GPH of air, 31 watts)
600mL NPX Biopellets
Phosban 550 Reactor
One Eheim Jager 200 watt Heater (15”)
180 lbs. of Live Rock (Fiji, Tonga Fusion, Kaelini, Pukani)

Additives

Reef Crystals Salt Mix
Excel Calcium Chloride
Soda Ash (Alkalinity Buffer)
Mag Pellet (Magnesium Chloride)
CVS Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate)
Seachem Strontium Chloride
Potassium Chloride
Brightwell Lugol’s Iodine
Bulk Reef Supply ROX 0.8 Activated Carbon
Brightwell MicroBacter7

gholtmeyer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice and yes, i agree that is going to look sweet in no time. did you place the rocks in the tank without water, then drill all the holes for the plugs? i am process of setting up a 180 and want to do things in a more organized manner than when I had my 75. Then i had the rock in and as I wanted to add corals in later, I couldnt take the rock out and drill a hole for the plugs so always had a hell of a time getting the frags to stay put.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
nice and yes, i agree that is going to look sweet in no time. did you place the rocks in the tank without water, then drill all the holes for the plugs? i am process of setting up a 180 and want to do things in a more organized manner than when I had my 75. Then i had the rock in and as I wanted to add corals in later, I couldnt take the rock out and drill a hole for the plugs so always had a hell of a time getting the frags to stay put.

I made three separate rock pillars and epoxied them outside of the tank. After the epoxy was hard I put the rocks in the tank to start cycling. I did not drill holes in the rocks. I cut the bottom of the frag plugs off and used super glue gel and epoxy to mount them on the rocks. I found that epoxy alone was not strong enough to mount the frag but the combination of the two adhesives was perfect.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: