donkey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part 9

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qp1QnP9KIJU?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

Songs

Aerosmith -Pink
Aerosmith -Walk This Way
Aerosmith -Dude looks like a lady

donkey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part 10

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/25F9pqHZ8GM?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Oh my, I have another 59 minutes of videos to watch, why didn't I start reading (watching?) this thread before tonight?? lol

The tank is going to be mature by the time I'm done!

Lovin' it so far, keep up the great work, the videos are a lot of fun & welcome to MR :)

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Kev, I've been following this build from the beginning (so I didn't watch the whole hour at once like Kathy :smash: ) and I've found it utterly captivating. It is another world on your side of the puddle. Different tools, different equipment, (not even one tape measure in the whole sequence!!) and the way you fondle your pvc it is just as scary as watching Hannibal Lechter :eek:

Keep up the great work
Russ

donkey

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kev, I've been following this build from the beginning (so I didn't watch the whole hour at once like Kathy :smash: ) and I've found it utterly captivating. It is another world on your side of the puddle. Different tools, different equipment, (not even one tape measure in the whole sequence!!) and the way you fondle your pvc it is just as scary as watching Hannibal Lechter :eek:

Keep up the great work
Russ

Thank you Russ that means a lot :thrash: Thanks Mate

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0

Keep up the great work
Russ

He has a tape measure Russ - you obviously skipped a video ..shame on you!:(

...that one with the pvc pipe was hysterical!
..and I like his musical taste too :)

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
He has a tape measure Russ - you obviously skipped a video ..shame on you!:(

Darn, I must have blinked. :usa1:

Not sure if you're looking for any feedback on your setup, so tell me to back off if you aren't interested. :knockedou

On this side of the puddle we find that DI Resin runs much more efficient when installed in a vertical orientation. When installed horizontal like yours, the resin has a tendency to pack down on the long side/bottom of the canister, the water will naturally take the path of least resistance and flow along the high side where there is less, or even no resin.

In addition to the above suggestion, the DI Resin we use is color changing. This will show the progressive use of the resin being exhausted and finally needing to be changed. With a white canister like yours, you wouldn't be able to see the resin change colors. I know the efficient way to know when to change the resin is with the readings from your TDS meter, but color changing resin can give you a quick visual. Not critical, just another way to save the time from doing those 'other' things when you'd rather be watching your display tank. :biggrin:

Keep up the videos. I've been looking forward to seeing them mate.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: