movingreefer

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was one of the few fortunate (may be not so fortunate) people to get my hands on one of the new aquapods around december. I have tweaked the filter changed to a 300gph pump and got rid of the bio balls... My problem is it runs way to hot. If i closed the cover with the lights on it would hit 84-85 degrees. I called current and they claim that i have poor ventilation... "one of our customers has a tank in his store that runs at 78 and one at home that runs as 84...." Which is BS my apt is always about 67. Any one else have the same problem, got any solutions. I have thought about putting in a chiller probe (not the coils) but that would require emptying the tank and cutting a hole in the glass... Right now the tank is doing well (1mo old pics to come) running 78-80 with the cover propped up but i am loosing about 3 pints of water a day....

Thanks!

Sean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Current has recalled the Aquapod 12gallons

This was taken from my suppliers website you have to return it to the place you bought it from

Important Safety Recall InformationAquapod

12 Gallon Model #7050 Product Exchange Program. In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Current USA, Inc. is voluntarily recalling Aquapod 12 gallon aquarium systems (Model #7050) that were sold in the USA from December 2005 through January 2006. These aquariums were imported from China.The affected Aquapod aquariums could have a potential electrical risk resulting in the inability to independently operate each lamp. In the event the user plugs only one of the two power cords into an AC outlet, it may energize the remaining cord and present an electrical hazard resulting in shock. Current USA has received six consumer reports of these lighting systems not working correctly. If you have a recalled Aquapod, please stop using it and order a replacement tank or repair kit immediately. This recall only affects Model #7050 with no serial number, other models including current Models #7051 & #7052 are not affected.

movingreefer

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has one fan, and a place on the current circuitry to add one more. THe only problem is the fan is only on when the 10k light is on. I/m going to have to drill some air holes in the light cover to pull air over the lights and add an additional fan with its own separate power...

Thanks! now let me see if i can put some pics up

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: