bigbris1

Re-reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Hopefully wish to start a log of my tank and it's progress here. Please feel free to ask me any questions. Also, please refrain from posting in this thread if you have any objections. Thanks.

Initial set up week 1:

~26lbs LR
10 lbs LS
10 lbs fine sand
70 GPH in-tank filter for temporary water movement
Stock hood light
Some fish and coral pieces

tank1003.jpg

tank1002.jpg

Week 2:
Added a Seio 320
T5 light fixture
Some more coral pieces

Week 3:
Added a Remora skimmer
A Copperband butterfly
More coral pieces

Week 4:
Moved some pieces around
Added some more coral pieces
Getting a diatom bloom and some algae

Today:
Notice how there is some sunlight coming directly into the tank.
Changes in less than a month:

The blasto merletti has like 4 baby heads growing.
The orange acro has colored up and is now a deep purple with green tips
The blueberry gorg has it's polys fully open most of the time
The orange/white sponge has it's polyps fully open most of the time
The orange ric has moved off of the plug onto the rock
The Hammers both have 3 baby heads growing on their stalks
The other acros have polyps fully extended
The duncans have doubled in size
The monti has encrusted onto the rock
Also added a HK 425 for more flow

Thanks

Last edited:

bigbris1

Re-reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Thanks, he's really small like the size of a 50 cent piece including his fins. He gets along well with the angel and aside from a brief spell of black spot is doing very well. He may be the reason for an upgrade in the future.

It should be noted that while I set up my tank extremely quickly, I know what I'm doing and have had many tanks over the years. A beginner shouldn't attempt what I have done. But those with experience will know some shortcuts.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Thanks, he's really small like the size of a 50 cent piece including his fins. He gets along well with the angel and aside from a brief spell of black spot is doing very well. He may be the reason for an upgrade in the future.

It should be noted that while I set up my tank extremely quickly, I know what I'm doing and have had many tanks over the years. A beginner shouldn't attempt what I have done. But those with experience will know some shortcuts.

Oh im not worried bout that chris just wanted to kno the size. Cause on the pictures you took its looks pretty big for your 26G.

bigbris1

Re-reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I know statistically my tank is too small for him but he is doing very well and seems very happy. I like to think I saved him from someone who potentially doesn't care about their livestock but just needed a yellow fish :)

There's plenty of grazing for him daily and I supplement that with feedings of seaweed salad & mysis. He's our fave.

I have kept yellow tangs that have lived very long and happily in the same tank previously.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: