leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Please monitor your cheato growth... You don't want to end up like me..

Thats razor/scissor caulerpa. Not chaeto. Chaetomorpha is the string/hair like algae that is usually found in clumps. It doesnt attach with a root system like the other algae.

When I started in the reef hobby I thought it would be cool to get algae to grow on my rocks. I intentionally attached it all over my rock work. Needless to say, that turned into a disaster. The grape caulerpa went a sexual and the razor caulerpa spread like wild fire. I was forced to break down my tank and scrub each rock to get the stuff off.

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
New fish :D

Wrasse

Attachments

• IMG_0810.JPG
    IMG_0810.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 133

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
:D .. The fish is fine thats a pic of when I just got it.. I just like it when the fish does its transitional colors of dulling or darkening.. I never knew that this type of wrasse did that.. it reminds me of the grouper from work.. that when you give it attention its body colors start changing from straight black to that poka dot camo..

BroRage

Junior Reefer
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Latest Update 1/14/10 of 34g

Figured I post a pic of the latest update of my 34g nano tank. As I look at the pic though it seems a bit packed :)

Attachments

• 2010-01-14 11.56.06.jpg
    2010-01-14 11.56.06.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 52

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: