ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
i saw it on the doctors website 300 gallon pro system.. looks like you just buy it all and are good to go?

thanx for any advice... otherwise my other option is over 10k at least and thats only because it will be a 360 view., i may have to sacrifice that

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
The one with the starphire Andre? :)
I saw the Marineland 300g system at MACNA last year, and I was impressed with it. I liked the removable side door on the stand and the easy access below and on the canopy.
If you buy the full package including the light, you will not be disappointed. The only downside I see is the MH's are only 150w (3) on the 72" fixture and that tank is 36" deep.You do however, have 8 T5 bulbs in there and could always change out a few to daylight bulbs rather than the actinics that are included.
Otherwise the lighting is great due to the single power cord on the fixture, the incredible ease of changing the bulbs and the pull-out light splash guards - almost too easy to clean. The light also has a built in digital timer for all of the bulbs- sweet.
Add to that - the fixture runs so cool that you can easily put your hand on it when it is running.
The guy from Marineland wanted me to stand there all day and keep talking about the light - I think that was my favorite part..lol

The systems come with the sump and pump & plumbing included, it took about...5 minutes..to set it up - again almost too easy.The submersible Maxi-jet pumps are stupidly quiet.
The only downside imo is the sump design. The one for the 300g is much better than the one that came with mine. On yours you could easily plumb a second tank to it for additional area for a fuge or water volume or even to add your top off resevoir down there and the sump is only 38" long.

The finish on the stands and canopy are nicely done, have clean lines and do a great job at repelling water for easy clean up unlike an AGA stand. The interior of the stand is also finished.

For what F & S is selling it for - including shipping, I think you'd be rather pleased with it :)

so others know...
http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3730+21462&pcatid=21462

...btw I won the 45g Marineland Pro Series Cube (2' x 2' x 18") at MACNA and am in LOVE with it - can ya tell? ;)

Last edited:

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
thanx Kathy! Im so tempted, but than again, i really want the walk around 360 view.. Do you think those pumps are strong enough if the fuge/sumpo is in the basement? i may have to get something a little bit stronger.. also... would it be a bad idea to use this as a 360 walk around even though it has the overflows in the corners? i mean, i would save a huge amount of money... im still getting more quotes to see how mush more it would be

any help just keep all the ideas coming, its really appreciated...
The one with the starphire Andre? :)
I saw the Marineland 300g system at MACNA last year, and I was impressed with it. I liked the removable side door on the stand and the easy access below and on the canopy.
If you buy the full package including the light, you will not be disappointed. The only downside I see is the MH's are only 150w (3) on the 72" fixture and that tank is 36" deep.You do however, have 8 T5 bulbs in there and could always change out a few to daylight bulbs rather than the actinics that are included.
Otherwise the lighting is great due to the single power cord on the fixture, the incredible ease of changing the bulbs and the pull-out light splash guards - almost too easy to clean. The light also has a built in digital timer for all of the bulbs- sweet.
Add to that - the fixture runs so cool that you can easily put your hand on it when it is running.
The guy from Marineland wanted me to stand there all day and keep talking about the light - I think that was my favorite part..lol

The systems come with the sump and pump & plumbing included, it took about...5 minutes..to set it up - again almost too easy.The submersible Maxi-jet pumps are stupidly quiet.
The only downside imo is the sump design. The one for the 300g is much better than the one that came with mine. On yours you could easily plumb a second tank to it for additional area for a fuge or water volume or even to add your top off resevoir down there and the sump is only 38" long.

The finish on the stands and canopy are nicely done, have clean lines and do a great job at repelling water for easy clean up unlike an AGA stand. The interior of the stand is also finished.

For what F & S is selling it for - including shipping, I think you'd be rather pleased with it :)

so others know...
http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3730+21462&pcatid=21462

...btw I won the 45g Marineland Pro Series Cube (2' x 2' x 18") at MACNA and am in LOVE with it - can ya tell? ;)

18oreefer

+270
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have the 300 starphire tank only, and I love it. The only thing I dont really care for is there silicone job, its pretty sloppy. As for the walk around it is very doable, as long as you dont mind looking at the overflow boxes. There is plenty of room in the tank for building mounds or a ridge up the center with a good amount of room on both sides.

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
the Marineland deep dimension tanks are very popular, there only downfall is the stand...only 27" h so equipment can be an issue, also i think they do not offer a warranty if you do not use there stands.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
interesting, thanks guys... i mean i can really save tons, plus if its all low iron on all sides i may just do this.. heres a pic of the wall that can either come down, or i will put in the room behind it

or incorporate it into the wall?

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,482

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Incorporate the back into the wall so you dont see the overflows. I use to put my tanks into the walls at my last house in the basement. My new house has no basement and no tanks are in the walls because there really isn't a good spot.

18oreefer

+270
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The only draw back to putting it in the wall is the fact that you cant see the sides. I feel that you can really appreciate the depth more when you can see the sides. When the tank is full and you look at it from the front you dont really get the feel that it is 3ft untill you come around the side a little. Just my opinion. On the other hand it sure is nice to see that living framed piece of art work on the wall, and not have to see everything else that comes with it. Ultimately you should go with what really feels and works best for you.

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
in wall would look nice but like 18oreefer you wont see the sides and see the real depth of the tank. I have a 300gal ( collecting dust:turtle:) and just went with my own stand to rise it higher and decided to go with a hanging light kit to give an open look. Everything once connected will be plumb in the basement

Last edited:

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
i understand what you all are saying... I think i may just take the wall out adn have to live with the overflows.. I can paint the overflow area in black and call it a day... I think It should look amazing... i dont see the point in spending 6000+ on only a tank w basically the same dimensions just because the overflows are in the center.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
member jim on here, my neighbor just got one and had it made into a single overflow thats in the center so you dont have to see the insides of the overflows, lovin the size and dimensions of the tank

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i have the 250g deep dimension tank set-up as an in-wall. I absolutely love the tank, it's very well built, imo.

Just a note the corner overflows are big so the side view of the tank can be considered "unsightly". If mine wasn't an in-wall and sat on a stand i would not enjoy the side shot of the overflows.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
...then again, nobody says you have to sink the entire tank in the wall clear up to it's front panel ;)
The first 2 - 2 1/2 foot could stick out into the room .

Very nice space you have there!

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
okay, so after much thought i think its going to be a 7ft x 30h x 36 w

will be from miracles....

this is on the main floor and i have a basement, my cousin will be doing the construction for extra support... of about 6,000 lbs, this makes me extremely nervous

but i only will be saving 3,000 tops.. which def is a lot of money, but i know two yrs from now i will be unhappy w the miracle tank because i really want an open top 360 view tank

adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
why dont you cut out a viewing window for the tank instaed of taking the whole wall down that way you could cut the wall in a manner that wont shown the overflows in the back of the tank. The only downside is that the whole tank wouldnt be 100% visible from both sides, but who cares? lol you wouldnt want to look at the overflows neway. gl :) its an awesome tank 300 gal is a real nice size. For what its worth, in a tank that big you might wanna consider a pvc spine for a few columns of LR, just get some big pieces and drill a hole through the center of them and run the pvc through them, I've seen it done on a large tank and the columns of live rock are visually exciting, it really gives the tank a sense of depth. Im sure anything you do with that system is gonna be sick!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: