mazon56

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Thanks guys
I wana go open top but im scared of fish jumping out. as of now for sure I have a snowflake and Picasso clown pair , a helfriechi firefish, and I want a wrasse and a bluedot jawfish and maybe a small tang don't know yet. Can I keep it open top or no?

Sent from my DROIDX using Reefs

jayuws

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Very nice set up

Your set up is exactly what I want. Could you show your plumbing? I just bought a 40 breeder but it's not RR. Was yours RR or did someone drill the holes for you? This would be my first tank with a sump/refug. Love the thread man and I'd love to copy your set-up.

cheers,
Jay

Ok got the plumbing together and just mixing some ro water now so ill fill it up today n hope everything worked out good. Ill post pics.of it fully setup

mazon56

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I had a friend drill it ill take a picture of the plumbing the beat that I can tonight when I get home. Good luck with ur build if ur gunna build ur own stand some advice triple measure everything and cut real slow trust me I found out the hard way lol

mazon56

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
tank pretty much done with cycle i got a tiger pistol shrimp for the fuge to see how things go and bought a lil frag of an sps not sure what it is but its looking good so far. gunna get the clean up crew prob this week

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
definitly cover it, i lost 2 blue spoted jaws from jumping as well as a few wrasses.. ans when we had the earthquake one of my clowns jumped.. yes i learened my lesson my tanks have all been covered for a while... but the clown tank wasnt.. who would have thought!

mazon56

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
hey guys sorry havent updated been real busy. i finally got the clean up crew. ive got the fuge going, finished the rock work and added some fish and very little coral (taking it slow).

fuge
2011-09-29_23-54-55_674.jpg

display tank
2011-09-29_23-55-03_805.jpg

helfriechi firefish
2011-09-29_23-55-14_56.jpg

snowflake clown (he wouldnt stay still)
2011-09-29_23-55-49_398.jpg

Last edited:

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Looking real good, that is the kind of rock work i need.
Did you do a power out test on the tank yet?? the return elbow looks to be very low, the way that is set up a lot of water is going to drain.
Also you might want to aim the return lockline a little more to the surface, not sure if you have a siphon break on it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: