Pabst

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey guys i am starting up the salt water hobby, i currently have only done freshwater but now want to move on. I am stuck between committing to a 45g cube with sump set up or a nano set up of a 10/20. Any pros and cons or recommendations would greatly help! thank you!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys i am starting up the salt water hobby, i currently have only done freshwater but now want to move on. I am stuck between committing to a 45g cube with sump set up or a nano set up of a 10/20. Any pros and cons or recommendations would greatly help! thank you!

Well I have a. 10 gallon nano already with plans on moving everything to a 20 gallon long. But I also have a 40 gallon breeder as well that I?m going to use as well. I?ve good so far with the 10 including keeping my parameters in tact. But honestly. I would go with the 45 cube and sump setup. But hats just me. Bigger is easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
It really depends on what you plan on keeping? Type of corals (softy, LPS, SPS) many fish?

If just want easy corals with small fish and less maintenance then go for nano.

What ever you decide now, i'm pretty sure down the road you will want to upgrade :)

This is hobby is an addiction :D

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends on what you plan on keeping? Type of corals (softy, LPS, SPS) many fish?

If just want easy corals with small fish and less maintenance then go for nano.

What ever you decide now, i'm pretty sure down the road you will want to upgrade :)

This is hobby is an addiction :D

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pabst

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yeah I understand it?s an addiction that?s why I want to make the right choice! Haha also as far price is factor for me, what would be the price difference between the two, I was going to start off with some beginner corals no matter what. For fish if I got the nuvo 10 it would be 2 clowns, goby, and shrimp then hermit and snail. If 45 I would then get more fish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: