nyfynest22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
bought neptune from saltwatercritter russ is a great guy he will set you up with everything at the cheapeast price around, he even got me a water sensor god for bid something was to leak , it emails you and if you have a i phone there is a app for it.

saltwatercritters.com he is a vendor on here he will talk to you about it for hours, he doesnt sleep anyway so he has time lol ( jk russ).

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
the orp probe,what exactly does that test.is it just nitrate ammonia and nitrite or is it more..sorry about the dumb questions i just never used this before

James - controllers like these do not monitor ammonia or nitrate or nitrite. Most are configured to tell you Temp, PH and some Orp. Some will advise you of alarms on your system as mentioned in the last post.

You aren't going to find a single system out there that will give you Cal, Alk, Mg type readings. You need to run tests for those. The monitors for them cost a TON of $ and you need to do the math on some to come up with the correct readings ( as in, you don't just 'read' what the monitor says). You also have to calibrate them frequently to assure you are getting correct info.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
thats what i wanted to know..thanks kathy.im an old school guy and i test everything with kits..haha..thought there was something that tested everything.i am doing some reading on the elite and it does sound very interesting .i am considering it.i havent made any major purchases in awhile..think its time :lol2:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
thats what i wanted to know..thanks kathy.im an old school guy and i test everything with kits..haha..thought there was something that tested everything.i am doing some reading on the elite and it does sound very interesting .i am considering it.i havent made any major purchases in awhile..think its time :lol2:

That would be nice though!

I do highly suggest the controllers as they do a lot a great things. Nice to have the PH and temp right there but I like them even more for their control of things like heaters and lighting..a little peace of mind for your tank :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: