nminunni

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
^ took the words right out of my mout. initial is great, but once you are happy with it and add one small piece of LR or coral, its like you have to start all over, without crushing fish or inverts or anything. PITA

john90009

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I love the idea of re-aquascaping to give a different view of looking at stuff but it seems that some people (like me) are never satisfied with that they create. I just wish a few fellow hobbyist would have come over and did my rocks because then i would be happy with it because i know that i didn't create it. I think its just the knowing that you create it that your unsatisfied and want to make it better.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I love it too. Eric the epoxy works well when the rocks are dry but it is a PITA when they are wet, you need rubberbands to hold it together at first.

I think you're definitely on to something with making sure the rocks are dry. Next tank I'm going with Marco Rocks (I think anyway) and will be ordering the dry base rock so I'll be able to epoxy when they're dry.

Good stuff.

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Thats what I did this time around, I epoxied before I cured them and came out with some great shapes. Just get some large office rubber bands and they will hold it together while curing, plus you do not have to worry about the epoxy overflowing your skimmer.

RaSooch

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
it would be really cool; lets say if you had Michaelangelo type skills and had a really large peice of rock, roughly the same foot print of your tank then go to town on it. Shaping it into exactly whatever you dream up in your head with the optimal spaces for flow and surfaces for placement. It would be really cool to see how creative people would get.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: