faztaz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Im taking a trip to Canada heading up from New Jersey. Any stores worth stopping by on my way up. I will be going to Ottowa and stopping in Albany on my way down. If there are any stores with good quality decently priced LR please let me know as I have to stock my tank.

[ July 31, 2001: Message edited by: fmx2md ]

livingstone

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's never had any decent live rock when I've been there but Eddie's Aquarium is probably the best the Albany area has to offer. I have seen some nice livestock there. He's in Latham in a little shopping plaza to the east of the Northway (I-87) on Route 9 near I-87's exit 7. Route 9 runs parallel to the Northway at that point. I'm always coming up the Northway from the south when I go so I'm not sure about the details of getting off when you're coming from the north. I would think exit 7 then Route 7 east and then, almost immediately, Route 9 south. He is just south of Route 7 on the right (west side) when you get onto Route 9 so don't blink. Check out his website: http://www.eddiesaqua.com/

johnny1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
skip eddies,

they get an occasional nice specimen, but it's really more of a store for the beginner and uneducated reefer. Somethin Fishy in Scotia NY is a bit better, but still not great.

Nick

fishfarmer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for a decent LFS with quality LR, you should take the scenic route through CT. Paragon Aquatics just opened their retail establishment www.paragonsales.com, best rock I've found in this area and probably some of the best cured Fiji on the market. I hear there isn't much in the Albany area and most of the LFS in Plattsburg aren't worth the visit. Didn't check out Chazy Lake Tropicals though. Aqua Dreams in western MA off 91 was a decent store when I visited last year, they moved last fall I believe.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: