bubbles4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
got them at the swap, doing real well. I think from the "donation" tank. has a bunch of zoas that havent opened as well, debating peeling them off or leaving them on. figured someone might already know what they are though :splitspin

yumas.jpg

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Those were my green yumas, nice huh? They should completely cover the rock. Be careful because they are really aggressive.

The zoas on the rock have a white center, black middle and red skirt. I forget the names but they are very nice. The rock with the zoas is glued on so you can just pry the whole plug right off the rock to save them.

bubbles4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Those were my green yumas, nice huh? They should completely cover the rock. Be careful because they are really aggressive.

The zoas on the rock have a white center, black middle and red skirt. I forget the names but they are very nice. The rock with the zoas is glued on so you can just pry the whole plug right off the rock to save them.

very nice! this was actually taken at night with my new blue LED strip only, which is why theyre a bit closed up ( the largest one especially :splitspin) during the day they are nice and open, very beautiful and full coverage! love how the background matches the coralline nicely! great idea, wasnt sure where the one polyp was attached on the lower corner as i wanted to let them acclimate a bit before i poked around to save the zoas :). thanks for the piece!

bubbles4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Why would you want to take the zoas off of the rock? To move them?
Peel sounds so....final. :(

to save them! :splitspin didnt mean to make it sound so harsh, just didnt want to ruin the beautiful rock, and have pretty good success "peeling" and gluing to plugs.

Anthonyjiz

New Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I "THINK" I might have those same ones, mine is dark dark green and i got it as a gift off one of the vendors as a homecoming (new tank) lol, if you find a name for them lemme know buddy!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
to save them! :splitspin didnt mean to make it sound so harsh, just didnt want to ruin the beautiful rock, and have pretty good success "peeling" and gluing to plugs.

Yippee! :)
Keep in mind that some zoas grow as 'mats' and other as individual polyps. The mat type easily peel off, the other, not so easy...lol
Good luck with them, the yumas are beautiful btw!!

bubbles4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
just an update, yumas are all doing well. Had to remove one to get off the zoa plug, its on a frag plug now healing nicely. Zoas are all open and happy (yet to color up yet, but doing quite well!) Thanks again josh, and everyone for the responses.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: