ReefMonkey13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
HI All,
I'm in the process of coding a daily automatic water change via the apex and came across a few threads regarding a firmware update 4.2.

Is the update worth it? I remember updating the firmware from 4.05 to my current version of 4.12 and it was a PITA. :scratchch

Thanks in advance.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I think it's a worthwhile update. The new dashboard is so much better... just updated to 1B13. No problems, but I've been on 4.2 since November. Make sure you're hardwired to Apex and not wireless when updating, also backup your current configuration wouldn't hurt either.

ReefMonkey13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
It is a pain, I don't think it is worth it IMO, but I had to do it to support the ALD.

ALD?? Is that the leak detector?

Well I just read that you can identify the state of float switches via the new display and this certainly something worth having.

I think will go ahead and update. Other than backing up my settings and hard wiring everything. Any other tips?

Thanks again for the great input.

ReefMonkey13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I gave it another shot and got the following error.

Attachments

• apx error.jpg
    apx error.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 109

ReefMonkey13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
OK I figured it out. . . I still had my wireless adapter running with sharing the same IP address as the Apex. Even though the computer had the wireless disabled the router was still broadcasting to the IP address.

I shut the adapter off and boom the utility ran successfully.

Thanks all for the guidance.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: