b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Does anyone have a sponge or any type of bacteria holding media in their sump that they would sell? I need it to establish some bacteria in my qt. I added bottle bacteria but after a week I’m seeing ammonia. My salinity may be to low as it is at 1.17. Gonna raise is slowly to 1.21. I had temp up to 80 cause I read higher temps would multiply the bacteria quicker. I have a 40 gallon breeder with 5 small fish. Purple tang. Hippo tang. Whitetail. Convict and a blotchy. No one is bigger than 2-2.5 inches. Wanna get rid of ammonia before I start adding copper. Suggestions welcomed also

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I don’t have any live rock or dead rock in the tank. I was hoping the bottled bacteria and sponge filter and the matrix and ceramic rings In bags in the filter would help with somewhat of a cycle. I dosed turbostart and checked the next day and had no ammonia.
Where I got the fish the salinity was low. I matched it to the bags water. Now slowly raising.
I do have dead rock that’s been in my basement for 2 years. But I prefer 2 or 3 pieces of live rock

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: