A

Anonymous

Len":1fy6d554 said:
Sunlight ain't happening. The whole setup is at least 600 lbs dry, so I'm not lifting that outdoors ;)

Do you still have the lights set up?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can put on the lights.. I don't know if any halides put out enough UV to have an effect tho.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know either, but it might make you feel better :wink:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calculate the molar concentration of percholorate, and then add double the thiosulphate, and you should be fine. Then rinse the bejeezus out of it.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":3hyy8foz said:
Does Sodium Thiosulfate get rid of the bleach smell?

It gets rid of the bleach, specifically it converts Cl2 into Cl- ions, which are as harmless as, well, seawater. :D

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":1cani3ox said:
I can put on the lights.. I don't know if any halides put out enough UV to have an effect tho.
Well if the DE bulbs you can remove the glass shield.....

but if they're SE bulbs you're simply wasting light ;)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
200 gallons get 2 teaspoons of granular bleach for 24 hours, drain and fill, 2 teaspoons of Thio for 24 hours. Drain and take pictures :D

It never seems like enough to me, but it works.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Minh Nguyen":3m6ryp2a said:
Minh Nguyen":3m6ryp2a said:
What was it that make you want to sterile the whole thing, thus got rid of all the coral and LR?
Nevermind. I read the other thread

Hehe. Yeah, I gotta make sure the problems don't transfer to the rebuild, or else all this effort is wasted.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI: Wear gloves with bleach. I have no finger prints on my index fingers (as someone predicted) :P

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: