pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Geez. I love this thing but first the powersupply goes and I have to replace it. Now the wetside has come apart in two pieces causing the outside housing of the wetside to rotate and spin off.

I can't seem to see how they snap back together and nothing looks broken.

Do I need to replace it or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Oh this has happened to me before. Scoring occurred and melted the plastic together. Contact Ecotech CS to have a new one sent to you, I got a newer/revised wetside from them.

Link the video to Brett or Ecotech CS also.

pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Oh this has happened to me before. Scoring occurred and melted the plastic together. Contact Ecotech CS to have a new one sent to you, I got a newer/revised wetside from them.

Link the video to Brett or Ecotech CS also.

great..i'm out of warranty. i made a service request...will see how it goes. bummer

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
G'luck. Also not sure if you're still running the MP40 the way it is...but if you have low iron/Starphire glass, there'll be a good chance it'll scratch up the glass.

Last edited:

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Same thing happened to me, wet side frame melted through but mine jammed. You'll need the new frame ($10) and should get a new wet side bearing ($15) and maintenance kit ($20).

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Sounds like widdy got it right. Mine had the prop, shaft and nut melt together. Had to buy the tune up kit for $20 comes with new prop, nut, shaft and washer. 10 min and back to normal.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Just saw your video if that happens to you again stop running it immediately. That spinning will eventually damage the magnet. Once you damage the magnet you are looking at 93 dollars for a replacement wet side vs 20-30 for a maintance kit

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: