• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have been trying to sell my comic book collection for some time now. I started just asking a dollar per book and realized I was crazy. I have sent emails and no responses back. I have been in contact with a few places that say they buy collections but they never contact me back. Anyone know of a place that will call me back? I am looking for a place that will buy my whole collection and give me a fair price for it not rip me off. I have a complete Uncanny X-Men run from 129 until over 400 including Giant Sized X-Men number 1 as well as tons of other mutant titles. I don't see where a site or clearinghouse wouldn't contact me back. I am not selling this here. I am looking for a clearing house type place to buy the whole kit and caboodle. Please do not post Dibs or offers in this thread. I am looking for help on finding a place that will come to me, assess my collection and give me a fair shake.

Thanks in advance

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
this migh take a little longer here but here's a few links, went through it years ago with baseball and football cards, guy didnt want the whole lot, only wanted certain card and didnt want to pay. but with understandingi know i wouldnt get retail selling to a retail store

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/

http://www.bing.com/local/default.aspx?what=comic+book+collectors&where=Mamaroneck%2c+New+York&s_cid=ansPhBkYp01&mkt=en-us&ac=false&q=comic+book+collecters&qpvt=comic+book+collecters

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/

Josh

in the coral sea...
Vendor
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I just put my collection into storage (baseball cards and comics). I took out a ton of sorted baseball cards that are not worth anything to me but should have some value in terms of shear numbers. The only responses I got for purchases were from Craigslist.

You might want to consider keeping them for your kids if this is possible. Especially the Xmen as they will keep making movies for the next 5-10 years and the kids might gain interest in collecting.

Killarsox

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 88.9%
16   2   0
The market for Comic Books and Baseball Cards has drastically dropped. I think your best bet would be to put them in storage, and pass them down to a son/daughter or young family friend years from now. IMO i'd rather give them away to a kid who would enjoy them, then get a lousy 10% value... Could be a great X-mas present for someone who doesn't have much.

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the ones that are worth something and dump the rest. I have 4 long boxes and can probably consolidate to a half box. My mainly Marvel collection started in the mid 80s but missed out on a lot of decent ones. I started to buy silver age ones just to read so they're not the greatest of shape but I'll still keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: