adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've been on the forum (or had a reef tank for that matter), but the time has come to take the plunge again. I'm looking to set up an sps dominant 120 modified Berlin system and have desperately been trying to get ahold of nyreefnoob for some assistance. From what I can tell it looks like he hasn't been around lately, and I lost his number when i lost my old phone. So if you see this please hit me up! Or, if anyone can point me in the right direction of how I might be able to get ahold of him it would be greatly appreciated. If there is anyone else in northern westchester who is interested in planning and assisting in the set up (I will happily reimburse any qualified reefer intersted in helping me take this on) please feel free to hit me up via pm.

Thanks!

acolaojr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'll be doing the same thing soon. Looking to set up a 180 gallon reef tank. Any ideas on where to buy it for a reasonable price? I moved to south salem a couple of months ago and had to break down my 125.

adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks Albano! His message box was full and I wasn't sure if he's still on the forum.

As far as buying tanks around westchester at a reasonable price, it's a heavy lift. There's a small store in peekskll called the zoo that can get anything royal carries, and I know that both aqueon and perfecto are like 40% off right now. A perfecto reef ready 120 with plumbing is only like $500. I actually go out to fishtown in Ramsay for tanks just because I've dealt with them for a long time and the owner is pretty competitive when it comes to matching on line prices. They also have an installation and maintenance crew over there that are pretty good. For an extra couple bucks I think it's totally worth it to have someone deliver the tank, leak test, plum it in, and fill with saltwater made from their ro/Di. I'm even considering having them come out once a month to service the tank so I can spend more time enjoying the tank and less time working on it. For equipment, the best way to roll around here is other reefers. A big reason I wanna talk to Rick is because I know he's probsbly got 3-4 skimmers lying around he'd be wiling to sell.

adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ramsey NJ... It's over the tz bridge then south on the 287 one exit to rt. 17. I'd say with no traffic it's about 30-40 min from white plains to the shop. A lot of people have mixed feelings about the place if you read their yelp reviews, but having worked at an aquarium shop and having spent a lot of time and money at this one, I don't have a bad word to say about them. Never come home with a sick fish, their prices seem fair to me, and if you go when it's not super busy the owner is always happy to talk shop. One big caveat is that most of my experience with them has been with high tech planted tanks not reefs, but we've talked reefs plenty and I've spent a lot of time pouring over their sw stock which always looks pretty good. I've seen some Zoas there that would likely command huge prices elsewhere for $30-40 for a colony. I think it's worth checking out if you've never been, and I'm heading over there this weekend to get rolling on equipment for the new tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: