SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Tank has been running about 3 months, The water was clear a few weeks ago but the quickly developed this tint again all the fish and corals are acting normal i even removed the filter sock from the sump in hope that would clear it up i change them out every 3-4 days.

Something might've spawned, maybe?

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
there are some small bits of caulpera in there i didnt think it was a big deal...looks like im going to be weeding that out right now
I think if it was the caulerpa you would have noticed that it was changing color from green to trasparent,yellow or brown.What kind of caulerpa is it anyway?I've had C.Prolefera for over a year now and it has never went ( A) sexual .The grape,feather,saw blade and cup shape caulerpa to name a few go ( A) sexual more often IMO.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
yes i had it for 1 week before my tank went milky white.i had no idea it was from the caulerpa.i didnt take it out that week.i left it in and was doing everything carbon water changes.a month maybe 2 went by i went and did some reading and saw it does go sexual and will cloud water.i took it out and in 24 hrs i was clear.why buy this macro when there is chaeto which does a great job.

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
yes i had it for 1 week before my tank went milky white.i had no idea it was from the caulerpa.i didnt take it out that week.i left it in and was doing everything carbon water changes.a month maybe 2 went by i went and did some reading and saw it does go sexual and will cloud water.i took it out and in 24 hrs i was clear.why buy this macro when there is chaeto which does a great job.

Again, I'm pretty sure your caluerpa was just falling apart. With reproduction it doesn't go on for weeks and than magically water just clears out when you pull it out.

As to the better alga you've mentioned, Cheato will have that same exact effect when poorly shipped in cold or hot weather until it completely disintegrates turning brown or clear in the process.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
you want to think that its fine.to all i recommend not put this macro algae in your setup.as for it falling apart the stuff grew like wild fire i use to prune it constently.and yes 24 hrs after removing it my water cleared up.maybe i pooped out a 4 leaf clover and it went away.you can believe anything you want dude everyone is a scientist on here.i have nothing else to say on the subject

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
hardly answered my question but I can assure you, and I am not scientist either, that if you have seen a tank nuked by caluerpa you would have never said yours was even slightly affected by it.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I think if it was the caulerpa you would have noticed that it was changing color from green to trasparent,yellow or brown.What kind of caulerpa is it anyway?I've had C.Prolefera for over a year now and it has never went ( A) sexual .The grape,feather,saw blade and cup shape caulerpa to name a few go ( A) sexual more often IMO.
The grape:lol2:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: