anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
Ok this is my first clam and i want to know alottt so I would like to know feeding habbits and all that good stuff that comes with owning one of these amazing aminals. (awildia I know they are filter feeders but does that mean they can still feed.)

Attachments

• 100_1183.jpg
    100_1183.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 110

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Anthony my child, RELAX! You will be fine! It will love the phyto & oyster feast, but most importantly is the lighting which you have enough of.;)
It is beautiful, and stop calling me Awildia.LOL

Pick Awi or Awilda.:tongue1:

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
it's large enough that it doesn't need to be feed, but if you do watch your water quality...if it stays open and happy like this pic just leave it alone ...if it doesn't open up full then check parameters, water flow,maybe too strong, or parasites especially pyramid snails if that doesn't help then try moving it higher for stronger light ...very nice and good luck with it.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/68407-clam-feeding-health.html

i asked the same question last week

after my Google search old articles suggest clams under 4 inches need to be spot fed phyto plankton...the up to date information says that they do NOT.. sufficient light is enough and maxima clams and crocea clams need to have the most like preferably up high in rock work.

BE CAREFUL with that phyto plankton. it will raise youir phospahte and you could run into an algea problem.

also what are you supplementing calcium and alkalinity?
clams drain your water of alkalinity and calcium over time quickly so you need to check your levels

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: