Chraddam

ALL AROUND BAMF
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
nice post James...very interesting. Yesterday, before the tsunami hit Hawaii, they said that so much water was pulled back from the shores that the reefs were totally exposed...the video was incredible.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
That's interesting James, I watched a bbc series "Oceans" episode where they were researching coral reefs in Red Sea. Temperature have risen dramatically on those coral reefs but corals seem to adapt to that change and the reef itself is thriving. They suggest that the Zooxanthellae in that corals can adapt to higher temperature and that maybe they can spread this on other coral reefs so they can adapt too...

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Educator, remember I am was showing you about different color morph of new growth of the same colony simply by sitting them next to another colored acan?

I strongly believe one way of corals to adjust to the new environment is by expelling the wrong kind(and amount) and re collecting the right kind(and amount) of zooxanthellae. As long as the change is not drastic, I think they are quite capable of weather change.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: